Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-21-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Loredena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My entire party is 17, consisting of a fighter, valkyrie, gadgeteer, priest, bard and alchemist. I've taken the umpani and trang quests to the point where doing the next ones would turn them hostile, and the away camp has appeared. I'm about done clearing out the wildernesses and the sea caves (I've done Bayjin). I have NOT gone to the Rapax Rift or Castle yet, and I was leaning towards clearing out the Away Camp and finishing that quest first. So, two questions.

Is my party likely to be capable of clearing out the Away Camp in the first place, and if I do so do I muck up the rest of the game? I've not decided whether or not to become a Templar, but I would like to use Ferro, and of course the avalanche has occured so I can only get to the Peak through the Castle........
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Cleaning out the Away Camp will make the Templars hostile, and pretty much end any chance of becoming a Templar yourself.

Given the numbers of Rapax in the castle, you may want to wait on doing the Away Camp until after you've become a Templar and gotten everything you want from Ferro.

Becoming a Templar does, of course, bring an experience award (so does killing Al-Sedexus .

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
Bear
Dungeon Master

You can become a Templar after slaughtering your way through the Away Camp. As far as I can tell, you have to become a Templar to finish the game so I doubt that there is anything that you can do that will prevent you from becoming one.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:13 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Technically, no, you don't have to become a Templar to finish the game....IF you go early to Ascension Peak and set a portal there past the landslide spot. Then you don't need the portal in the castle.

But tell me, Bear, have you tried yourself rescuing the prisoners and then going on to the castle to become a Templar? Because I know doing the rescue lowers your rating with the Templars. If they're hostile, I can't see them allowing you to join.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote