Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 09:30 AM   #1
zehrfox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a Ninja and would like to get her Alchemy skill up, so I can merge Sneeze powder and flash powder to make pandemonium powder, Mainly so I can sell it and make some money. I need money to buy some better armor and spell books. She is level 10, with about 28 Alchemy, how can I build up her Alchemy to 50 quickly(to make above powder). I have been having her cast blinding flash nad stamina whenever possible to help boost Alchemy, is there a faster way???

Please Help, thanks
zehrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:49 AM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Mix easy potions like heavy heal : light heal + medium heal = heavy heal. There is a chance your ninja's alchemy skill will go up after the mixes.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:54 AM   #3
dale
Manshoon

When you mix potions, separate stacks out into single jars. You get five times the benefit from merging five single jars as you get from merging one single stack of five.

With alchemy of 28, you can merge light heal & medium heal to get heavy heal. You can also do stink bomb + boom bomb -> acid bomb, but those ingredients are not as common.

Once you get alchemy of 40, you can do heavy heal + cure light condition -> cure disease.

And then for the really big time, once you get a skill of 50 you can do heavy heal + cure disease -> potion of renewal. Renewal sells for a *LOT* more than its raw ingredients.

Sneeze + Flash -> pandemonium also requires skill 50.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:16 AM   #4
zehrfox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great, thanks for all the input - i appreciate it. I will try those tips.

Thanks
zehrfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 02:50 PM   #5
Bear
Dungeon Master

Also, if your Ninja has a Heal Wounds spell, make him/her the first person to cast Heal Wounds once a combat is over. If you do that after every combat, both your Alchemy and Divine skills will go up. Mix lots of potions too and it should not take too long for your Alchemy to get to 50.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:50 PM   #6
Mage_77
Manshoon

Zehrfox:

My suggestion is to goto the Lower Monastery.

The coffin that has the "gas trap" is perfect for what im going to explain & increases skill fast.

Open the coffin to take some damage & to get nauseated sometimes.

Now have your ninja cast Cure Lesser Cond. on those who are nausteated.

There's a trick to doing healing though which is if you cast a spell say Heal Wounds. Pressing "Shift & M" casts the last spell that character had cast.
So cast Heal Wounds & right away keep hitting Shift & M to re-cast the spell until you run out of mana. You need to make sure that your hitpoint bar doesnt fill up before you hit the Shift & m key.

What happens is because your re-casting before your hp bar re-fills it makes the game think you are still hurt so it will keep increasing your skill in Alchemy & Divine realms. If you tried to keep casting HW when you have full hp's the game wouldnt give you skill increases. Its a fast & good way to increase skill. Just make sure when you cast HW on a character like this that you use "power level 1" as skill increases arent affected by power so much as just "using" the spell. At power 1 you will get more casts equalling out to more skill points.

I worked it out roughly that you can get 1-2 skill in alchemy & 2-3 skill in divine realms p/150 magic points.