Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 11:24 AM   #1
hard bop

I am quite sure I have gone on for more than 2 days with NOTHING equipped (and I mean nothing) and Master Wu in Ishad Na still comes back with " Let me remind you that you have not completed your Monk Training ...". Can someone please answer these specifc questions about completing the Monk's quest?

1) Do I have to be alone, or is it okay still have members in your party ?

2) Does it have to be *exactly* 2 days. (no more, no less)

3) Does the 2 days counter "reset" when you go back and talk to Master Wu. For example,
say I only go on for 1 day. Then I go back into the Bushido Guild and Master Wu reminds me again. Do I still have credit for that 1 day or does the "counter" reset and I have to go for two days again?

4) There isn't a way to tell how many days have passed except for checking out the sunrise/sunsets, right?

Thanks in advance,
Micah

Old 10-17-2000, 02:02 PM   #2
Squig

Yeah, this quest can be irritating. You do NOT have be alone. Make sure the monk-in-training has no jewelry on either. I have had 2 monks and the quest tried my patience both times. Just be patient. It'll seem more like 3 days. Oh, and another thing, time doesn't pass for the monk-in-training if he/she is dead or stoned. No, the counter is not reset if you talk to Master Wu. I know of no accurate ways to check how long it's been. You can leave your computer idle and have time pass by while you watch TV or something (like i did for my second monk). Good luck.

Old 10-17-2000, 04:52 PM   #3
MrCreosote

I am afraid this is another game deficiency. I left my Monk totally unequipped etc etc for SEVERAL days REPEATEDLY and had the same problem. THE ONLY WAY to complete the quest from my perspective was to leave the game running overnight (overnight real time!). Seemingly almost everyone has this problem, I dont think it is JUST to do with equiping, I think there is something else that counts against the quest that isnt mentioned such as fighting or casting spells or whatever. Seems a wonderful way to design a game that requires you NOT to use your PC, and of course due to the wonderful way the game interfaces with windows you cant use your PC whilst waiting for the quest to complete. Absolute crap.

Old 10-17-2000, 07:41 PM   #4
BlackFiend

If you sit in one spot, the game clock goes about 5-10 times slower than when you're moving.

Old 10-18-2000, 10:12 AM   #5
hard bop

Thanks for all your help guys. I finally made it. I just parked my party outside the gates of Ishad 'Na and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I went into town and Master Wu said I was Monk.

Micah