Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IS the consensus that the best first thing to do is to rush upstairs and become a templar, or rush over and protect Ferro? I've been trying the latter and all I get for my trouble is a neverending battle.

I ASSume that if the former course is chosen, there will be some fighting but eventually a lull will occurr, allowing me to talk with Surdan?
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:36 AM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, it's a lot easier to get over and become a templar than it is to protect Ferro.

If you've got x-ray and chameleon going, those will save you some time and battles as well. I ended up having to fight only two battles before I became a templar that way. One in the T-shaped hallway leading to the throneroom and one upstairs while standing by the guys I needed to talk to. After the second battle I just made sure that there were no reds around the throneroom before I went back out into the hallway after talking to Al-Adryian or after I'd completed the Temple of Canezou. I ended up having to wait about 30 seconds or so for a group of Rapax to troup through the room but that was it. X-Ray can be a real life (and time) saver.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:51 PM   #3
Bear
Dungeon Master

If you want lots of exp and have a pretty solid melee party, you can just go protect Ferro first then "Kill them, kill them all!!!! hahahahaha" [img]smile.gif[/img]

In my last game, I did not become a Templar until I absolutely had to in order to finish the game. In my current game, I am going to attempt to not become a Templar at all.

A small bonus of this strategy is that you can get away with a couple of different things that would ordinarily wreck your faction rating with the Templars.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:35 PM   #4
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks.

I can't help but think it's WEAK that Ferro needs protecting from the likes of my party.

They least they could have done is given him a seperate room to hang out in, so I wouldn't have to worry about him all the time.

Mayby this is the game's way of encouraging you to become a templar. Ferro mentioned it about 20 times the first time I spoke to him...

ASW
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
Elwyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Protecting Ferro isn't that hard ... just keep your X-Ray up and be aware not to attack red-dots while you're near to Ferro.. might sound easy and obvious ... but it works ..
Elwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 03:48 PM   #6
Freddie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate to be stupid but what is a templar?

also, there are some monks outside the rapax castle in a little hovel. . what do I say to them to get a mission? I need a list of what to say to whom. . help
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

There's nothing you can do about Anselm & Co. except rescue them from the Rapax raiding party. I suspect this is another of those "couldn't finish in time" things that you come across now and then.

A templar is one who has experienced a night of joy with Al-Sedexus, and is on good terms with all Rapax. Meaning, they leave you alone as you wander around the Rapax areas.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 09:46 PM   #8
otter
Elminster

but then again, if you kill them all, they'll stop getting in your way all the time. Fortunately, they respawn just fast enough to keep you entertained. My favorite run-through included leaving a trail of white dots in every space on the castle maps.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote