Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2002, 06:24 AM   #1
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Last night I went to one of my universitys various May balls, and had a fantastic time. The result this morning is not good; lets just say I'm not feeling at my peak (small understatement). Anyway, could people post their hangover cures, I am willing to try almost anything.

Ps please don't shine any bright lights, or make any loud noises in this thread, thankyou.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 04-27-2002, 06:30 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

er.... More Beer???
Old 04-27-2002, 06:33 AM   #3
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Predicted result of more beer -> [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 04-27-2002, 06:33 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Cold Showers are said to help, as is Black Coffee... water can also be good.
Although having no experience with such a situation, I cant verify the legitimacy of these cures.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:57 AM   #5
Epona
Zartan

On a more serious note, I am an old hand at this (it's no secret that I like my beer lol!)

DO NOT drink coffee - the main thing you feel during a hangover is dehydration - that's what causes the headache. Coffee dehydrates you further, and what you need to do is rehydrate. Drink lots of water. Sometimes fizzy drinks can, for some reason I find, be a bit of a miracle cure - I usually find cold coke or sprite with lots of ice does the trick - but you need to drink a lot of fluids.

Also hangover prevention - eat before you start drinking, and when you get home drink at least a pint of water if you can do so without puking. If you wake up in the night (you're gonna if you drank a pint of water before going to bed lol) then have more water.

Take it from me, I'm a pro - although after Phil McCavity and SomeGuy's 'What the heck is going on' thread, I don't think anyone's gonna take me seriously any more
Old 04-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

Fresh orange juice is great for a hangover. Also a big fry-up really does it for me.

Old 04-27-2002, 09:36 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

Lie in bed, watch tv... Works for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 09:37 AM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Eat/Drink whatever sounds good to you - but Epona's right - you are mostly dehydrated - Gatorade/Poweraid or some sports drink works for me...

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #9
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

BTW - that was not at all the thread content I thought I was gonna get from yer title... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-27-2002, 09:41 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sage advice Epona - both here and on that other thread . Drinking the water just before you collapse in your bed the night before - that's the real key. As it's already happened - go the fry up (I wanna find out if it stays down ).