Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-19-2001, 11:30 AM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well...???

I know it's something that must be popular in Australia (and I think that it's edible), but I'm looking for more definition than that.

I ask because I was reading Berlitz's guide to cruises (we're taking a 7-day Carribean cruise in October) and he mentioned that any cruise line that wants to have Australian passengers better have Vegemite or they very well may not be back.

So what is it?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-19-2001, 11:36 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Vegita and marmite when they fuse together Dont worry I doubt it's life threatning.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 11:41 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Well...???

I know it's something that must be popular in Australia (and I think that it's edible), but I'm looking for more definition than that.

I ask because I was reading Berlitz's guide to cruises (we're taking a 7-day Carribean cruise in October) and he mentioned that any cruise line that wants to have Australian passengers better have Vegemite or they very well may not be back.

So what is it?

Vegemite is a tasty bread spread
Of course all americans I know that have tried it arnt tough enough to handle it
Its like a salty spread and is really good with butter on roast.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #4
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Vegemite is the food of the gods ... or in this case the food of the Goddess

It is a yeast extract spread similar to Marmite but with a different flavour. Heated debate about which flavour is better led to the Vegemite wars of 1993 which ravaged huge sections of the Australian interior creating the barren waste that is there today. Any Militant Mite Movements in New Zealand were swiftly dealt with by rounding up the combatents and forcibly exiling them to Australia. This avoided warfare and also had the benefit of ridding Gods Own Country of foolish elements and enriching Australian culture at the same time.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-19-2001, 11:48 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Vegemite is a tasty bread spread
Of course all americans I know that have tried it arnt tough enough to handle it
Its like a salty spread and is really good with butter on roast.

I was just joking, is it actually a spread or are YOU joking.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-19-2001, 11:55 AM   #6
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Well...???

Think it's edible... I thought they used it for road surfacing.It's horrible. It's disgusting. It is the spread that Satan himself uses to put on a toast snack. Uck just thinking about it makes me I'll. I wouldn't eat it if I was payed. Infact I wouldn't eat it if I was having both legs sawn off with a blunt toothpick, and to have a slice of toast with it on would give me my legs back. Don't contaminate the board with such disguisting words, and as for the people that like it...

Anyway Bovril is the way to go!!!!

Old 06-19-2001, 12:07 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

< SHUDDER >

I tried some one time that an Aussie friend of mine had. Ohhhhwwwww...I think it's something that has to grow on you! Different strokes, as they say.

"Salty" is one of the descriptions I would apply. Sort of like salty licorice paste. Like I said, I think it's an acquired taste. Those who like it, love it.

< /SHUDDER >

Old 06-19-2001, 12:09 PM   #8
onthepequod
Quintesson

I've been wondering what vegamite was ever since Men At Work came out with their song "Down Under."

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-19-2001, 12:20 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
I've been wondering what vegamite was ever since Men At Work came out with their song "Down Under."

Gads! I'd almost forgotten about them, onthepequod! I remember that.. "He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich."

Whatever happened to them, I wonder? After that one album, they never did too much else. I was only a freshman in college then. Takes me back, it does.

Old 06-19-2001, 12:36 PM   #10
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

its ok for sealing baths and stuff, its a good sticky fly paper and its ok as a poor lyric when all else fails too.