Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-05-2001, 01:29 PM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

.. Personally I'd like to resist them existing at all but short of haste / pelting the buggers with arrows and whacking them as fast as I can, I haven't managed to uncover a particular damage type which they don't resist some portion of yet. I'm curious if anyone's found a method which the Drowned Dead really don't like much yet. I'm done with the area, so I guess this is more a retrospect query to satisfy my curiosity.

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
noelemaC
Dungeon Master

Trying to find something as easy as in one of Final fantasys, 8 or 9, near the end with the stone wall enemies, you could just through a soft at them and they're dead. I thought fire did a good job on the bloated soggy dead. Fire arrow magic, fire blade, fire arrows. i used my ranger and tracked them and it said there was water tracks walking aimlessly around.

------------------
noelemaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:01 PM   #3
sirgwayne

I would have to say the most effective thing for me was. I walked my 15th level cleric up to them and turned undead and watched the Bloated Beast's EXPLODE!!!!!!!!! they really didn't put up much of a fight that way

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:16 AM   #4
noelemaC
Dungeon Master

So that's what turn undead does. I've played for 6 months and didn't know what it was. I thought maybe invisible like smell like the dead and they wont bother you. Never gave it that much thought either though.

------------------
noelemaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 11:16 AM   #5
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Interesting - will have to try a few of these tonight to see if i can make some exploding dead. I've never had all that much success with turn undead either apart from it making that groovy heavenly choir noise.

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 05:26 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Turn Undead is one of those things that doesn't do much at lower levels. Once your cleric gets up above level 8 or 9 (or thereabouts) it is really useful - if your cleric is good then it can have the 'exploding zombie' effect, alternatively if your cleric is evil they can gain control of the undead by using this.

And yes, it makes a great sound!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 02:03 PM   #7
marco
The Magister

yes the best method is to use the TURN UNDEAD option. What this also let's you do is let your fighters concentrate on 1 or 2 bloated magots instead of the horde. What i usually do is have one cleric with turn undead on( once in battle is shuts off) and the 2 fighters and the one cleric as the tanks. The turn undead option will repel all and then that let's you concentrate on one at a time( but watch out for the virgin thingys, they seem to be a hit and miss with the turn undead option).

------------------
there are 10 thunders, the 7th is the thunder of man!
marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:50 PM   #8
Khanar
Manshoon

I had two Fighter/Clerics (lvl 11/10 both) and a Paladin (lvl 11) doing Turn Undead and nothing happened. So I run for it when I see Drowned Dead coming.

I did find that casting Web and then picking them off with good arrows (I used acid and fire arrows) from a distance worked, but I used up a lot of arrows. I tried fireballs, but you gotta use too many to be of use.

That brings me to another point.

Off topic: IS THERE A STORE IN LONELYWOOD??? I found that guy at the inn, but I need more than what he sells since all my stuff I brought with me from the regular IWD game I completed isn't going to last forever in the expansion.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:27 PM   #9
Synthius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You need to go to the halfling? priest in Lonelywood. Ask for healing services and then click on the coin at the bottom of that screen. He has an inventory of weapons and stuff that you can buy. You also can look up the fallen ranger in town--he makes bows and arrows that you can buy. Good luck.
Synthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 04:33 AM   #10
Khanar
Manshoon

Well, I screwed up the bit with the ranger because I I didn't need what he had to sell until after I had that "special talk" with him after fighting the "thing". So now I need his arrows but can't get them. Oh well. I'll make do. Off to the Gloomfrost or whatever now...
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote