Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Bethesda doing it again on Nov.11th?

I agree with you completely on the houses. Even the really expensive ones are pretty pathetic.

Get the 'free stuff' from the Dark Brotherhood. Those rewards certainly make the questionable deeds worthwhile
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #32
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Aye I am gonna do that questline for sure - just waiting for the right moment to off some civilian with my sniperbow. - with my mage I actually got into it by mistake - met an adventurerer in a dungeon and killed him cause I thought him to be evil - he was not :-s
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #33
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

it happens.

I've never tried this, and I'm not sure if it would work, but... If you kill the Adoring Fan, would that give you entry into the Dark Brotherhood?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #34
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Yeah I used my secret CIA training to off all the witnesses in the dungeon ( mostly zombies and a few skeletons that kinda explode when hit with arrows ). Zombies are bad-ass though - they just ignore arrows untill I have them looking like a porcupine and then drop from the heavy burden off arrows sticking out in all directions.

Any advice on quick killing zombies - getting tired of running around shooting them up?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #35
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Ummm, arrow damage mod? Or a well placed fireball spell. A bow enchanted with fire attack?

On a sidenote, I just tried installing Oblivion last night and it wouldn't run at all. It installs no problem, but when I run it, I get the splashscreen, hit play and it just craps out on me. I get that irritating non-specific pop-up "This program has stopped working, Windows is collecting information and will inform you if a solution is found." or something to that effect. And of course once it finishes doing whatever it's doing it just closes and tells me nothing. You might have guessed that this does not please me.

I'm running an out of the box HP Pavilion
I'm presuming it's a dual core with 1.8GHz per core. (This is what I see when I look at the properties under processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz 1.80GHz)
1 GB
Vista Home (fully updated)

As of now I have no graphics card or sound card installed. I have a video card sitting in a box, but it's the one that stopped working last time. I don't know if the card itself died or if a driver became corrupted.

I think I'm running with enough power to operate Oblivion on low settings, but I'm not even getting it to start up. So I'm really at a loss.

Now then, I'm going to pout for five minutes and then play some Morrowind.

One thing I love about playing Elder Scrolls games on PC over a console? The user created Mods.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-08-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #36
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Uhm I need an explanation on the following idea?

I use a steel bow ( dmg 4 ) and arrows that vary in dmg from 4-5 ( steel and silver )
does that mean that I hit 4+4 or 4+5 dmg ( with sneak 4+4*3 ) or what? cause then using that would be much better than sneak attacking with my conjured dagger.

Oh...on the PC issue you have I am clueless - the same happened to me so I ended up buying Oblivion via steam instead of my retail pack and it works perfect for me.

I am on a small break on oblivion while playing Empire Total War again - its time to take over those 13 colonies and make them SWEDISH....muhahahahahhaha

"Unleash the Casey!"

Last edited by Sparhawk; 04-09-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: brainfart
Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #37
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Regarding your damage question I found this: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Th...Damage_Formula

update: just tried installing Oblivion on two other machines both of them laptops. One Vista and one Windows 7 and they worked ok. A little slow on the Vista, but it's bogged down with my dad's music writing programs. So it's either something on this computer blocking it, or this computer is missing something that the other computers have. There are other possibilities I suppose, but nothing comes to mind.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #38
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I agree with FSA about enchanting the bow. Enchanted weapons can be amazingly helpful, especially if you get into a tight spot and need to do that extra little bit of damage. Fire is almost always good.

Sucks about the computer issues you guys are having... I have problems with mine too. Freezes at some points, then the computer does a physical memory dump or something. At least I get to play it for a while, though...
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #39
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Only critter I think you don't want to use fire on is a flame atronach, and I can't remember if you encounter them in Oblivion. I know they have clanfear's and Dremora, but I'm not sure about the atronachs.

As for computer issues, while it does indeed stink, that I can't oblivion running on mine, I can honestly say I have never been able to play Morrowind without a CTD before this install. I'm so used to watching in paranoia wondering if I've saved recently enough, and now it feels like I'm saving too often (no such thing I know, unless you hit the quicksave when you meant to hit quickload just as you're about to die)

I think for Oblivion, since I've removed blame from the disc, I'll either have to learn to play on a laptop, or save up for a new computer. Maybe I'll do the build my own from scratch thing one last time.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-11-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #40
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yes, there are flame atronachs in Oblivion. Fire is quite useless against them, funnily enough. And fire doesn't work well against dark elves either, because of their natural immunity thing...

And computers can be incredibly frustrating when it comes to large games such as Oblivion.