Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What's with the Little Green Dude on the the Enchanted Isle? he's Right, I can't catch him ... what's the deal? BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

He is quite annoying, isn't he? You'll have a chance to square things away with him once you've entered Anephas' Shrine. From the underwater temple swim up and explore.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:15 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

That's the "Lil Green Dude" or leprechaun. You have to find his treasure as a quest from the pawnbroker shop, but that won't happen till later. You can terminate the verdant pest (worth 64,000 XP from memory) with no penalty (other than any concience you have that might think he's cute). He is not easy to eradicate, I used area ranged spells like Fire and Meteor storm, and it too about 10-15 of these because he walks on out of them. Try and stay away from him so he doesn't teleport, otherwise you go to track him down all over again.

Cheers,
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:16 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

That is the Leprechaun. You do not have to catch him, but some people have killed him because he is so annoying. The figure if they can't kil Sabastio for his longwinded speeches, they can at least kill the next most annoying guy. It doesn't matter if you kill him or not, you can complete the quest either way. After you enter Anephas's shrine, you will have a chance to find his treasure and he will leave the Gael Serran. Only finding his treasure will complete Miruth's quest to prove that the leprechaun really exists. I imagine the conversation goes something like this:

Dezmund: You wanted proof that the Leprechaun exists? Here is proof. I have the leprechaun's staff!
Miruth: Sorry, his staff is not proof. I need something else?
Dezmund: What else could you possibly want?
Miruth: Just some proof that a leprechaun really exists.
Dezmund: I have the Leprechaun's Staff. Isn't this proof?
Miruth: Nope. Sorry.
Dezmund: Do you know what I had to do to get this staff? Do you know where I am going to put it if you don't accept this as proof?
Knarfling: Dezi, calm down. You are getting upset and I don't want anything to happen to my guild leader.
Dezmund: Stop calling me Dezi!!! And I might just give you the staff. How would you like to see a ratling on a stick!?
Knarfling: Lauren, can you cast a spell to calm Dezi down while I talk to Miruth here? Miruth, why won't you accept the staff as proof?
Miruth: Well......
Knarfling: Look, we found the annoying little leprechaun, who was almost as annoying as you or Sabastio. But I swore not to kill shopkeepers. I didn't swear not to kill leprechauns. So after a long time and much frustration, we have the leprechaun's staff.
Miruth: You killed the leprechaun? That means he no longer exists, and the staff is proof that he doesn't exist, not that he does. Too bad, because I was really looking forward to getting lucky.
Dezmund: I never promised not to kill shopkeepers!! Let me at him!
Knarfling: What do you mean you were looking forward to getting lucky?
Miruth: Well, it is said that leprechauns have a special stone that improves a person's luck. And there is this gal in the village that I have been trying to impress, and I was hoping that with the Leprechaun's treasure that I could get lucky.
Dezmund: That is what this quest was about!!! I'll kill him!! I'll maim him first and then kill him! Then we'll resurrect him and kill him again!!
Knarfling: Why did I have to swear not to kill shopkeepers?

Anyway, good luck with the leprechaun.

Knarfling

[This message has been edited by Knarfling (edited 06-03-2001).]
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:32 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Cool story Knarfling - I like your answer best

Cheers,
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:35 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling - ROFL!!!!!!!!

Oh please accept my contract to kill Sabastio!!! PLEASE!!! I'll hack you whatever you want!! PLEASE!!!! LOL!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:41 AM   #7
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

set you spells
when you see him
get him

I Tried , it was fun

------------------
hunger need brain food
...................Hum you got brain for me??

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 06-03-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:47 AM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

LOL Knarfling
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #9
adam warlock

*ahem* hey Sabastio and Barrenhawk?? I noticed that there's a contract for you guys...
preferred dead! and guess who put out that contract?

*SLICE, SLASH, STAB, ZAP!*

me of course!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 01:46 PM   #10
Black Knight

Yeah, he already has a couple of ehm dragon arrows in him. Not entirely sure how that happened... Ok, bringing out the big spells. And I do have the quest already ... I'm doing the quest after the Spinx guy right now... quick question #35, how do I get to the far west of the map? I did the whole maping the enchanted sea with my little boat, but I don't have a gap that is CLEARLY shown on my map (sigh)

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote