Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-06-2001, 09:54 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Completed the final battle just over an hour ago. It has been a long haul starting with SoA a few months ago. What can I say about the game? Good story/plot, great music (esp the combat music played when facing high level enemies. The music from the final battle still rings in my head), well-thought out NPCs (on the most part), romances even, and conflicts between party members if you chose the wrong ones. Monsters a-plenty, even dragons, liches and a demi-lich or two. A vast land to traverse (but not enough random encounters, though I suppose late in the game the party would be too powerful).

BG2 (both SoA & ToB) will definitely be one cRPG that I will remember for a long time to come. I remember when I first started at as a low (!) level 7 kensai. When my character finished, he was level 35! It was nice to see what became of your party members, and I am glad that not all were happy endings. That would have been unbelievable.

About my only gripe with the game was towards the end of ToB - the battles seemed somewhat pointless and repetitive. I just wanted to get to the end quickly.

Surprisingly, the final battle with Melissan (the 4th round) was easier than the rest. I summoned high level summons (a planetar, a greater fire and earth elementals, a golem and a mordenkainen's sword), out them near the spawn point and voila! Melissan was in serious trouble from the word go.

Saravok's Ravager +6 was a life saver - it killed (vorpal hit) the fallen solar at the final pool and cut short what could have been a nasty battle.

I am still somewhat emotional about the game. I feel kinda sad that it's all over. It's as if I have come to the end of a book that has really grabbed me and refused to allow me to put it down. Now that it's over, I feel unsettled. Oh well, there's another 'book' calling to me now, and its called Icewind Dale.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 04:20 PM   #2
Vampire

I cried the 4 times i finished the game! ALL 4 times... sob so sad...
I wish they would do a BG3!
Like the Hobbit is the BG Saga.
BG3 can be grand!

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 08:51 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Just finished it myself, and it was great!

Minsc is the only character I used through out. Actually, I killed him in BG because I didn't find his witch as quickly as he wanted, and he turned on me, but I carried him continuously through SoA and ToB.

My original character from BG was a paladin. He was awesome, but with the new classes added for SoA, I needed something new and chose, a monk, which I saw through to the end.

I think I'm going back to play BG again, it was so awesome, but first I have to get the expansion for IceWind Dale

------------------

An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 01:33 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I have to say the MUSIC IS THE BEST!!! Well, I also felt unsettled and wishing that the saga would not end... oh well... if they change their minds, no more old BG NPCs... that is the problem.

I have yet to beat the last battle cleanly and fairly, like what you ranted about, I just wanted it to end!

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 05:21 PM   #5
Lord Ed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Avatar--crying??!?--I think you need to get out more.

Lord Ed
Lord Ed is offline   Reply With Quote