Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

No kidding, about 6 years ago I was in a grocery store with a friend, and she needed to buy a bottle of shampoo so we went to the appropriate aisle, and there was this old man there, with long grey hair and a long grey beard too. The dishwashing liquid was also in the shampoo aisle.

My friend was debating which shampoo to buy, and he chimed in how he uses Palmolive on his hair LOL. Went on and on how it was so cheap, and "only a little bit does the job", etc. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I hear Palmolive comes in all sorts of different floral scents too now LOL (although I would not recommend any of them for dishwashing, they never rinse out completely and smell like armpits when you use the frying pan after cleaning them).

Hope I've helped Larry.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-21-2004, 05:50 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
ROFL Mel!! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] . I'm a bit concerned by the disclaimer at the top 'For those of you that I have spoken to before in a topic similar to this...' - I can imagine some engrossing debates from that!

Well AJ - as someone who knows exactly what he means I can tell you that I thought Larry had finally flipped!

Nice one Larry! (Don't know why I didn't think of it. Must be slipping)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-21-2004, 06:13 AM   #13
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

don't remember where i heard this but anyway:
"why use shampoo when real poo is free" [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 09:02 PM   #14
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
It's green, it smells nice and contains an ingredient with the longest word I've ever seen.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oh I have many more surprises in store! Tee hee.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:11 AM   #16
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Shampoo... doesn't really matter to me, as long as it smells alright then I'm fine with it. But I just usually use what my parents get, I think it's Suave shampoo.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #17
quietman1920

My ex-roomate from college told me that one summer he worked for a landscaper. Whenever one of his lawnmowers got so funk that it just had to be cleaned, he'd scrub it down with a shampoo called 'PERT' (might be off the market now).

Roomate claimed it would strip grass/weed/dirt funk off with one sponge-wipe and better than gasoline even. Since that story, I've been very careful to get 'mild' shampoos...
Old 01-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #18
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I never buy shampoo that has 'dandruff' written on it. I usually buy the one with the nicest pictures [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
... he'd scrub it down with a shampoo called 'PERT' (might be off the market now).

Roomate claimed it would strip grass/weed/dirt funk off with one sponge-wipe and better than gasoline even. Since that story, I've been very careful to get 'mild' shampoos...
Pert's definitely not off the market yet. I just used it this morning [img]smile.gif[/img]

'Course, now I'm going to have to try it out on the lawnmower...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Larry! ROTFL...you know you're scaring me, right? You have no idea how far my jaw dropped when I caught sight of this! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

I use several shampoos. Depends on what's available, my mood and if my allergies are acting up. I love Strawberry Suave and Vo5. I also have a pricey shampoo from the BodyShop with chamomile in it. I use the conditioner that matches the shampoo almost every time I shampoo (I have long, fine textured hair, but lots of it!). Once in a while I use a hot oil or other deep conditioner but mostly in the winter when it's dry indoors or in summer if I'm at the lake or visiting friends with pools. (Chlorine dries my hair alot)