Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
Taski
The Magister

Hm...played for 61 hours now, coming up next is Collasium.

My Assassin really kicks ass (all physical values 18 or higher), the Zenmaster (started as lvl 1 Zenmaster with 18 hitpoints) is "Mr. Speed" with 4 attacks a round and always two weapon-attacks, and the samurai is also a killer...nearly need no mages, priest for heling & cure poison and other shit

...but it is FAR TOO EASY...have no money cheats, no "restarts" (reset adventure), no hex-editor...NOTHING.

Blessed some damage to the main swords and there is no challenging opponent - ok, except Oakenmir and Erathsmedor Hm...i need a new game

...ah, i forgot to say: OFTEN respawn, HARD victims...ehm...enemies but i think the better the beasts the more easier the game because of the better loot and more XP.

[ 09-28-2004, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Taski ]
Old 09-28-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Taski:
...but it is FAR TOO EASY...have no money cheats, no "restarts" (reset adventure), no hex-editor...NOTHING.
I think starting out with a Zenmaster might arguably count as a cheat

But that said, I agree completely -- it takes skill and imagination to make the game hard. My favorites are the solo games, one way or another. I'm doing now (supposedly; life keeps getting in the way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) a solo caster run: no weapons / hitting/kicking / Kung Fu of any sort. Just spells.

Let me tell you, the way W&W works its Mana distribution has saved me SO many times, it's ridiculous. But I've still died > 20 times this run.

(Note: Yes, I'll make an exception for Cet & hit him with the Staff of Death, but he's the only exception )
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
Taski
The Magister

Nice handicap, aleph

I think that starting with Zenmaster WITHOUT changing any role has to be more difficult than starting the "normal way" and change the roles often.

My assassin has changed 6 times before becoming assassin...and this REALLY works with regard to the attributes/skills/traits.

Next time i will play with 55 base-points-chars and no role-changes

...by the way: found a samurai-omphaaz-armor and a wizard cape +4 - never thought these items exist
Old 09-28-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

There's always a wizard robe +4 in the Lich's treasure chest in Skull Castle. I don't think I've seen the Oomphaz samurai armor before though... pretty cool [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

To make a solo game harder, try dragging along five dead bodies. That reduces your XP (I think), so you don't get as much. That made the Den of Thieves much harder... 1000 XP for Rumphy instead of 6000.

And I agree -- once you get to certain levels, you're really unstoppable. Few creatures can harm you, so it would be nice if the game adjusted. Wiz8 does that, and I actually find it too difficult that way -- guess I haven't played it enough yet
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Ya games like Diablo II and stuff have levels that keep things from being killed too easily... playing is still hard... I really wish that there was that challenge in W&W... but I kind of like the self-challenge imagination some of us have to come up with for "hard" games...