Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-25-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
Taski
The Magister

With merchant skill i am able to buy a Takekatsu-Arrow (or something like that) for 2xx Gold and sell it back for 2xxx !!! Gold...is that a patch-bug or is it normal ?

So fletchery or something else will be totally useless, because u can make a million in 5 minutes
Old 09-25-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ahhh.... someone else discovers arbitrage...

It is not a bug, per se, although it's probably something not intended by the developers. And it's not fixed by the patch, either. It is rather nice, frankly... and the good news is that it works with any magic arrows, starting with a willow arrow +1 at the warrior guild. Buy 'em in the back, then turn around and sell 'em in the front for a profit. That is the essence of arbitrage [img]smile.gif[/img]

Takekatsu arrows have a much better profit margin than willow +1, but dragon arrows are even better. And to address your comments about fletchery, let me tell you that a fully enchanted dragon arrow (say, +12 damage) will sell for over a million GP... and your character with fletchery can churn those suckers out every single minute So fletchery is definitely not useless, especially when you get up to higher training levels. Training to level 12 in something, for example, can cost over 130,000 GP. You can spend a tremendous amount of time buying and selling those takekatsu arrows, or you can just sell the latest batch that you've completed.

Some folks disapprove of fletchery, but I really like it [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

How can you now like Fletchery?... I mean free arrows?... no need to restock for your bow?.. I love that skill... esp. with my Dragon Arrow outputs... you would think that the value would go down with supply so great and demand so little... but no... hum that reminds me of a great idea for a game... one with an economy... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... just ranting now...
Old 09-25-2004, 11:56 PM   #4
Taski
The Magister

Hm...do not need these amounts of money, it is all ok as it is

...and i read about this "arbitrage", but i was not able to find a translation to german 4 that

And Fletchery ? LOL...had to try this, but imho this is almost cheating and really crashes the game / money - balance.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:19 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I don't speak enough German to know the translation for arbitrage... but what it means is the ability to know of two different prices for something and capitalize on it by buying at the lower price and selling at the higher price.

Hmmm.... BAbelfish only came up with "arbitrage" as a translation, as did my wife's German-English dictionary. It also had several words related to "Gerbeit", but I don't think that covered it.

And Taski... by the end of the game, you will need these amounts of money. A single high-level blessing can cost over two million GP... that's a lot of takekatsu arrows [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW... anyone know what "takekatsu" translates into? I'm curious...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote