Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark More On The Undead Isle...

Managed to walk into a Baelnorn SWAT team against a host of Awakened Vampires and their Demilich companion. Was that intentional? Or is that something that is supposed to happen on the southwest section of the island from here on in? As I have to admit, I wished I had my cleric on at the time. I could have healed the lot of them but I wasn't able to.

Second thing: the kobolds on the island. Is there any way for them NOT to drop stuff? The items they release don't really sell for much, so most people leave them on the ground. The same would actually go for the Drowned Corpses anywhere. I guess that would nullify part of that quest idea I had in the other post. No matter, as removing the Drowned Corpses ability to leave things behind would reduce in the clutter.

And one other issue to note. There is a trident I believe found in the collection of items left behind by the dracolich. It's a CEP trident, so none of the weapon bonuses are useful for it. I think you'd have to change it over to a regular trident, Ziroc, for people to be able to use it properly. Just thought I'd post this up, in case there anything else I've missed that others want to check out or check off.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: More On The Undead Isle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozenwrathe View Post
Managed to walk into a Baelnorn SWAT team against a host of Awakened Vampires and their Demilich companion. Was that intentional? Or is that something that is supposed to happen on the southwest section of the island from here on in? As I have to admit, I wished I had my cleric on at the time. I could have healed the lot of them but I wasn't able to.

Second thing: the kobolds on the island. Is there any way for them NOT to drop stuff? The items they release don't really sell for much, so most people leave them on the ground. The same would actually go for the Drowned Corpses anywhere. I guess that would nullify part of that quest idea I had in the other post. No matter, as removing the Drowned Corpses ability to leave things behind would reduce in the clutter.

And one other issue to note. There is a trident I believe found in the collection of items left behind by the dracolich. It's a CEP trident, so none of the weapon bonuses are useful for it. I think you'd have to change it over to a regular trident, Ziroc, for people to be able to use it properly. Just thought I'd post this up, in case there anything else I've missed that others want to check out or check off.

Ah yes! I remember someone talking about that a while back--about the tridents. Will change them out for sure!
And yeah, I have been going through a few mobs, removing things they drop--unless its gold or items of value. Will modify them in the next update. Tons of lootbags cause lag.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Default Re: More On The Undead Isle...

Well, while we're on that subject, can you do the same with the hordes of kobold coming through the well - they're always dropping loads, sometimes you can barely see the cover for bags - and that's when Cookie doesn't just stand there blocking the way after beating on them.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Good idea! I agree.. (will try to move Cookie farther away too.. I don't want him joining the attack.)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, Ziroc, question for you: did you want a list of creatures we know for CERTAIN drop nothing but useless things? That way whenever you may have a chance to for your update, you can specifically nail those creatures rather than go through everything piece by piece? I can think of ten of them (six which appear on the Undead Isle) which would benefit from a "No Drop" sweep.

Oh... and what about the poor baelnorns? Make them tougher or give them some cool armor and stuff (which you already have in your massive inventory) so they can take a beating from those horrid alhouns and awakened vampires... *grins*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Oh, something completely different...

Fought with a certain well-known aquatic adversary in the Tradeways this morning. Perhaps... 10x his current hit points and perhaps doubling his strength? I mean, the original was about as close to a dragon as you get in that type of "documentary..."