Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 02:52 PM   #21
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Actually Barry that's not true at all. There are sonic frequencies beyond human reception.

I just had to put this example....
Elephants, we can hear the higher noises they make, but most of the times the noises the make are far too low pitched for us humans to hear.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:54 PM   #22
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

Elephants, we can hear the higher noises they make, but most of the times the noises the make are far too low pitched for us humans to hear.

Hey, that sounded sensible to me, what do you think you're doing talking avout sensible things in this thread
Old 02-17-2002, 02:57 PM   #23
Reeka

I was going to say what Yorrick said. Sound is scientific. You have sound regardless of whether there is someone around to hear it. Hearing is a reaction to sound not a cause of.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 02-17-2002, 02:58 PM   #24
Talthyr Malkaviel

Sensible, oh why that must have been because the vastly speckled bird of kangaroo dropping hue who presides over all, influencing them into sensiblilty was hypnotising me with random vibes of sensibleness, rather than my usual splendiferously strange ways.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:00 PM   #25
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Actually Barry that's not true at all. There are sonic frequencies beyond human reception. Dogs hear higher soundwaves than us, and there are subsonic bass frequencies. Sound waves exist whether we can interpret them or not.

I have to refer to Sigmar's comment on serious things in this thread. There aren't any.

Therefore my comment was a joke. Sorry if it seemed a little too grounded in, admittedly extremely dodgy, science. But I swear it wasn't serious Yorick!
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-17-2002, 03:00 PM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:

I think Barry was confusing 'Sound' with 'Hearing'.

Hearing is to sight what sound is to light.

"If a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear?" - Bruce Cockburn

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-17-2002, 03:02 PM   #27
Talthyr Malkaviel

Must be another 'vastly speckled kangaroo dropping hue bird of sensibility' case.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:05 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

I have to refer to Sigmar's comment on serious things in this thread. There aren't any.

Therefore my comment was a joke. Sorry if it seemed a little too grounded in, admittedly extremely dodgy, science. But I swear it wasn't serious Yorick!

Does that mean this statement isn't serious then? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-17-2002, 03:20 PM   #29
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:

Does that mean this statement isn't serious then? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Urm yes! Or no! I mean.... maybe... err... ?!?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-17-2002, 04:08 PM   #30
Talthyr Malkaviel

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Urm yes! Or no! I mean.... maybe... err... ?!?

Curse that confusing bird, why I ought to whip out a shotgun and blast him down in an explosion of kangaroo dropping hue feathers!!!