Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-06-2002, 03:34 AM   #1
Rank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why is it that sometimes when i put on a piece of armour better than the current i get no ac increase? like i put some leather boots on instead of sandals.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Because you are looking at your 'average AC', which doesn't necessarily increase just because you put on a single new item. If you look at your AC on each individual body part, you will see that it did go up. You have to increase a single AC coverage by several points to get the average to go up. Otherwise you will need to add several new items to get the average up.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #3
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Also, different pieces of armor have a different influence on your armor class, e.g. putting on boots doesn't protect you as well as putting on a new body armor. Makes sense for me...

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 03-06-2002, 05:39 PM   #4
Sorrow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another point to consider... If you change out a peice of armor with one that is heavier your encumbrance penalty may change. If it gets too high your AC will start dropping. This happened to me once when I gave my bishop a new peice of leather. His AC should have gone up, but because the weight of the armor increased my encumbrance too much, his AC value actually stayed the same.
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Armor also helps each particular body part it covers. If someone has a high average AC, but is only wearing sandals, any attacks to the feet will have a better chance of hitting.

It's not usually known where a hit is scored in this game, but previous games (Wiz 6 BOCF and Wiz 7 CDS) each hit scored listed where on the body the person was hit.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by GenXCub:
It's not usually known where a hit is scored in this game, but previous games (Wiz 6 BOCF and Wiz 7 CDS) each hit scored listed where on the body the person was hit.

I believe that there is a setting under options that will supply info as to where a hit occured. I am getting info on "hit in head" etc.