Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-14-2002, 11:30 PM   #1
robohobodude
The Magister

im gonna play a sorcerer for the first time and i need an excellant spell list, as i don't want to make any mistakes, I like to be very thorough my first time through..... thanx in advance...
Old 06-14-2002, 11:43 PM   #2
Maxamus
Manshoon

Well, Heres three that are really nice for the more direct attacker ( me, lol)

M-Missle
Chronoic Orb
and the monster summons

I haven't palyed a whole lto with Sorcerer, but those are definenets. Very nice makeup for teh sorcerers pore Close Combat abilites (got corners by Kolbolds and forgot to put in some direct atatck spells, and died. KOBOLDS!!, Regular KOBOLDS!! AHHHH)
Old 06-15-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

there are a few musts, and the rest is up to you. Here goes:
1) Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb, Identify (if you want to save money)
2) Mirror Image, Melf's Acid Arrow, Dispel Invisibility
3) Fireball/Skull Trap, Melf's Minute Meteors
4) STONESKIN!!!, Secret Word, Spider Spawn (last longer than MS2 and better monsters)
5) BREACH!!!, Chaos, Lower Resistance
6) Protection from Magical Weapons, True Sight
7) Mordenkainen's Sword, Finger of Death
8) ABI DALZIM'S HORRID WILTING!!!
9) TIME STOP!! IMPROVED ALACRITY!! PLANETAR!! SPELLSTRIKE!! DRAGON'S BREATH!! COMET!! WAIL!!

You will want a mix of mass-damage spells, single-damage spells, disabling spells, summoning spells, and defensive spells. I had to go through twice as a sorcerer before i really got the hang of spells. I (note I, not YOU) have actually found that it is easier to solo a sorcerer than to use him in a party, but i do have plans for an all-mage party sometime in the future....
Old 06-15-2002, 02:00 AM   #4
masteraleph
Elminster

Just an addition to the lvl 7 list...Project Image. If you want a REALLY heinous sorc, project an image, who can cast all the spells, then when it goes you still have all of yours
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 04:17 AM   #5
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Just suggestions from my own experience:

LEVEL 1 - MM and ID of course; I never had much luck with Chromatic Orbs, even the lethal 12th-level ones, there's still a big save bonus for the enemies unless you use a Greater Malison first - I used Friends a few times 'cos I'm a cheapskate
LEVEL 2 - Acid Arrows yes, but Web for SURE, right? You can combo that with Cloudkill or Fireball or even Spider Spawn and if you have a fighter with some sort of Free Action item/spell, Web is almost unfair
LEVEL 3 - Meteors (+5 weapons, basically), Fireball, and I like Flame Arrows because they can do more single-target damage than Fireball
LEVEL 4 - Stoneskin of course, Spider Spawn is nice. [If you have Polymorph Self I *heard* that the Mustard Jelly form is immune to magic attacks (like from liches)]
LEVEL 5 - Cloudkill was my fave lvl 5 spell... Breach, Lower Resist (for dragons), Monster III (can't have too much monsters)
LEVEL 6 - Death Fog is way toxic and kills summoned enemies instantly
LEVEL 7 - YES, Project Image and you will feel like you have infinite spells! Mord's Sword, Warding Whip
LEVEL 8 - yes ADHW absolutely!!! [Incendiary Cloud also does huge area damage IF you're into that...] load Spell Trigger with triple Lower Resist and dragons will look a lot smaller to you...
LEVEL 9 if you have ToB - Dragon's Breath is scary, Time Stop
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 05:47 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can see my lists from the link in my signature.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote