Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-30-2000, 05:00 PM   #1
RedeemerAZ

I need helping knocking of magic resistance off of creatures

Like Adamantium Golems or Drows

no matter what spell i use i cant get rid of their resistance b
be it dispell or pearce magic or whatever

am i missing something?

Old 12-30-2000, 08:07 PM   #2
Ronn

The spell magic resistance your mage can cast which gives 10% magic resistance +1% per level of the caster is good to use. This is a spell that can be used to add magic resistance to a party member OR lower the resistance of a creature.

It's kind of like the spell that gives everyone in your party 18 strength. This actually lowers the level of someone with 18/whatever or 19+ strength instead of raising it. If you cast magic resistance on a creature with a super high resistance you'll actually lower their resistance to what you can provide. If they still have a blue circle, casting it won't even turn them hostile because it's a defensive/beneficial spell.

This is not a glitch either, it's the way the spell works.

I've heard this works on the Red Dragon, but my monk used quivering palm on him...

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2000, 12:17 AM   #3
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... if that is the case... what is the use of lower resistance in the game IF the magic resistance works the same way... ???
Old 12-31-2000, 03:57 AM   #4
Armisael

Magic resistance takes a full round to cast and you need to be right next to whoever you're casting it on. Lower resistance works as a field spell, like chaos or emotion, affecting multiple enemies, and is cast relatively quickly.

Old 12-31-2000, 04:02 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

It worked on Firkaag alright! A Red, Ancient Dragon got pelted by Magic Missiles... how pathetic... well that was after I cast Magic Resistance on the guy.