Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-11-2004, 12:58 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

One more update for the Den...

Wandering around Brimloch Roon, ran over to complete Talrik's quest. Came across a pack of sharks and crabs (5 sharks, 3 crabs), and soon discovered that we were within 10,000 XP of a level-up... for everyone! Digger's used to this, but the rest are now 16th level rogues (or maybe 17, I forget).

Did a few more battles, and Digger was the first up. The others followed after the next battle (Slinky got 3 ability points on that level up -- rather cool [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ), except for Stripes -- just 548 XP to go.

Well, we'll just wander around until we -- hey! Who threw that?

Two scourges o' the sea, and moments later, Stripes is also ready to level up.

She does, and no sooner do I click the button than we're under attack! Two creeping spores snuck up on us, and Stripes is in the middle of the level-up routine!

Well, thanks to the breath action from the spores, nothing stopped long enough to finish levelling up. Tried to apply ability points eventually, and we succeeded. Finished the spores off, and a little while later, I noticed that Stripes wasn't taking any damage in a combat. I mean, she was getting hit, but her HP bar wasn't dropping.

Took a closer look, and she had 305 of 179 HP! Something gave her an extra 100+ HP, and that's what was being consumed. No toughen potion is involved or anything like that... all I can think of is that leveling up in the middle of combat had some strange results.

Not much else to report besides that, other than the guild benefits. Guild level 5 rogues get Iron Lung, Trickery, Cloak of Night, and Deadfall as skills they can learn, and a 6th level rogue also gets Backstab. Way cool... although Digger, the assassin, didn't get any of those cool things to train in Just stealth, aka cloak of night.

Getting ready to go back in for Skull Castle. More news as it's warranted.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Levelling up, you say? That sounds like an extremely welcome hint if one is playing solo.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I don't know exactly when the extra HP were acquired (and tonight, I'll find out if they're still there), but that was the first time I levelled up in the middle of combat. Not the smartest thing I ever did... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote