Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi folks,
after my newstart everything went quite fine, and i gladly did all the necessary things in the dragons lair but at the end, when he wanted to give to me the sword of the mavin he first asked for the shroud of elsera and it had disappeared. i had found it in the shurungeon castle and i don´t remember when i saw it for the last time. i had only one other safegame from the boogre caves and there it was neither. no other chance than to begin again? (i do not need to mention that i seeked all shops and so and the entrance rooms of the dungeons, where i use to leave the keys and so.
another problem is that the program tends to crash when i´m in town.
i play on win 98 and the unpatched version
greetings from mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi megan!

Quest items won't disappear like so many other items so it may be possible for you to find it by just spending time searching around to the places you have been between getting the shroud and realising you have lost it. OR

There is another solution - how brave do you feel??? hmmm??
Check this thread:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=007364

The code for the shroud is

ED 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 Shroud of Elsera

MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR SAVE GAME BEFORE TRYING THIS!
Save it to another directory entirely!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bummer! I hate losing things...

If you did accidentally drop it, it will remain where it was dropped. If you use the... reveal spell, I believe, all objects will show up as white dots on the map. You can then run around searching each white dot.

Fortunately, you probably have to check only Shurugeon Castle, the Boogre Caves, and the Stout Mines (dungeon-wise). Unless you might have put it into a chest...

I don't remember if you can sell it or not... if you could (and did), you could buy it back from the shop keeper.

Man... I'm distressed for you. Having just gotten the sword last night, it really slows down your game.

Hmmm... there are two other options, BTW...

One... slay Erathsmedor. I think the door opens then, and you get a ton of XP. Oh, yeah... that sacred oath thing goes flying out the window, but it never did much anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

Two... make Stackman proud and build up a ladder of chests and stoned monsters to let you climb up to the heights of the passage out from the Sword room.

Just thought of something... no one's equipped it as a shield, have they?

Good luck. Keep us posted.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, many times. It has the same shield value as the dragon shield. (+5 or 6 - I cannot remember).
Old 04-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

The same thing has happened to me...except I lost mine in the inn...Hmm...now to think about it how many people have lost the Shroud? This might be a bug...

Fortunately, however, the Great Mistress of this forum Wyv hacked me another one...

Hope you get the Shroud soon...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good evening,
no, i did not find it nowwhere. i think i shall kill that dragon, he formerly burned my in the woods without any reason, so i feel quite free of revenge.
thanks a lot wyvern, but i´m not soooo brave, to tell the truth, concerning the operating system i am a COWARD. if you knew, how often, in times long ago, i changed the autoexec.bat or config.sys. shuddddder. with tragical results always.
greetings from mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:47 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Another possibility of disappearing important items is thieving creatures. All ratlings, all higher level trolls, all highland rogues, and perhaps some other. Note that a thieving creature can steal everything that isn't equipped: normal items, keys, quest items, money... rrrrrraugh!
If you've let some of these nasties to go away after having to "communicate" with it, then the shroud could go away as well.
Always kill thieving creatures and always check what they have dropped. You can find precious items sometimes - your items. Note that a thieving creature always drops a stolen item after being killed - except stolen money, which aren't dropped. Rrrrraugh!

In your current situation, you have two possibilities:
1. Kill Erathsmedor - the door to the Mavin Sword will open.
2. If you do not feel to be strong enough then you can vanish through the pass on your way to Brimloch Roon and continue the game. You will not need the sword until you reach the Pyramid. You can get stronger first and then return to Erathsmedor, kill it, get the Mavin Sword, and finish the game.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And truthfully, you don't need the Mavin, either. You can use the Staff of Death (which you'll find later).

It is a cool-looking sword, though...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote