Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 04:15 PM   #1
The Dark Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey sorry but hey it was the only way and I asked for a link not a download because I can't find anything no luck and I realyyyyyyy need that game and I said a link I saw you give links to downloads pages so what does that mean hmmmmmmmmm.And also I'm 10 years old OK?

Think about that but still Happy Killing!!
Old 12-11-2001, 05:35 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Dark Wizard, here is a suggestion-As for the game for christmas. There are no links to get the game for free, and you would need the manual anyway. All you are doing now is aggravating the mod-Mouse. I would suggest you delete a few threads. Also do you have any idea how long BG would take to download?
Old 12-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Dark Wizard. I understand your situation, and if you really are a scrapping 10 year old young man, LofA's suggestion is a good one. BG should be a rather inexpensive Christmas present. He also makes another excellent point. Even if you were able to find a site where you could download BG, and I have no idea if you could as I have nothing to do with warez in any way shape or form, you are talking about somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 6 gigabytes. That would take an inordiate amount of time, even with dsl.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:25 PM   #4
The Dark Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes but this town is small and I don't think I can find it here my Dad said so sooooooooo oh I don't know!!And sorry to Mouse and I had the game and I played most without the manual book and I played darkstone without one to so I don't need it.

Happy Killing!!
Old 12-11-2001, 06:50 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by The Dark Wizard:
Yes but this town is small and I don't think I can find it here my Dad said so sooooooooo oh I don't know!!And sorry to Mouse and I had the game and I played most without the manual book and I played darkstone without one to so I don't need it.

Happy Killing!!

Maybe your dad could order it for you online? Ask him! And maybe a nice shiny assault rifle too! Happy Killings!!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 03:51 AM   #6
Darius Thorne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THIS IS NOT A FLAME!!!

Hey Dark Wizard, you are sooo lucky these guys (and especially mods) are really cool here. If you were to pull the sh1t you've been pulling here in another forum...namely a D2 forum...you'ld be skinned alive.
And, no offence but, being 10 years old isn't an excuse. I've played D2 with a 10 year old girl who had more tact than you.
Just have a parent go hereand buy the damn thing. It can't be very expensive with all the expansions it has now. You can probably get a box set for pretty cheap.
Just try to keep the @#$% to a minimum. Moral of the story...Don't screw with moderators!

Your welcome,

DT

THIS WAS NOT A FLAME!!!
Old 12-12-2001, 06:35 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Hi Dark Wizard. I sympathise with your situation, but a pack containing BGI and TOTSC is available on budget in Electronics Boutique for a tenner. Perhaps you could have someone drive you to town and pick it out for a christmas present, it will be an inexpensive gift.

It's not my intention to sound patronising, but no-one *needs* a game as you suggest. You may like to have it, but can live without it if it comes to that. You *need* food, water, shelter and air to breath - if you have those things you are doing OK, many people aren't that lucky.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:34 AM   #8
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hate ppl trying to justify themselves about piracy by that awful lie "I can't find it", especially when it is about dead-easy-to-find games like BG. If you REALLY can't find such a can-be-found-anywhere game, just have someone order it online. Unless you live in the amazonian forest, you can be delivered. And once you've finished it, try Planescape : Torment and enjoy.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:36 PM   #9
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Okey dokey – enough already!!!!

Dark Wizard I am generally an easy going and helpful guy who has been playing this game a looooong time. If you ask me questions or want help either myself or others will try to answer you. If you look around this part of Ironworks and the other forums, you will see that we are a friendly bunch of people. However, we expect a minimum standard of behaviour even from very young people and some of the stuff you have posted falls below what we expect. As I have said before, I admire your enthusiasm for Darkstone and BG, but you must learn to take a deep breath, count to ten and think a little bit more before you say some of the stuff you have said. Remember, when people disagree with you, it’s not generally a personal attack – sometimes you can learn from what they say.

I would suggest that you hold off posting for a few days and look around this Forum and some of the others. This will give you a better idea of how we behave, the sort of topics discussed and tone we use.

The Rest Thank you for your support and restraint. However, I think the time has come to draw a line in the sand on this subject. There is absolutely no way I want Memnoch or Ziroc to waste time or effort in dealing with this trivia. I would also like to remind everyone on how we deal with instances of perceived rule-breaking.

1) Post a polite message on the thread pointing out the possible breach. NO FLAMING!!!
2) If the behaviour persists, PM or e-mail one of the Moderators (not Ziroc )
3) Let the Mods deal with it and respect their decision.

Now let’s move on and have fun

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Closed Thread