Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 12-05-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Am still waiting for Wiz8 to get here and in the wean time I've noticed a lot of good things said about Darksone so it should be here any day any tips or starting stategys I should know about .or any charactor creation tips?? Thanks in advance ..John
Old 12-06-2001, 03:57 AM   #2
Malleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When i played it the first time, i used an Amazon-Mage team, and i really enjoyed the game [img]smile.gif[/img]
I suggest to try playing with 2 characters, it's easier at the beginning (imho) -- well, i have to say i didn't find the wasps'quest in Novice...

Malleus
Malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmmm – where to start LOL

Here’s a few basic tips. If any of them are blindingly obvious I apologise

1)READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

2) Get all the patches and install them – you should be running version 1.05b to get all the added features like skins, Legend difficulty and access to custom quests.

3) In the beginning money will be a problem so be prepared to return to town often to repair your equipment and sell the stuff you have found.

4) Not being a magic user, I found a fighter/thief combo worked fine for me in the beginning. Eventually, you will probably just use one character.

5) Save reasonably often and don’t worry about being pounded a few times till you get the hang of the game dynamics

6) Have fun, and feel free to ask any questions you like.

Happy Hunting

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:59 PM   #4
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

- Berserker Spell
Old 12-06-2001, 11:10 PM   #5
Tashanna
Welcomed New User

I've been using an Amazon/Thief combo and loving it. Never have to pay to ID anything, and the Amazon repairs everything before i sell it. They're a good moneymaking team =)

Tash
Tashanna is offline   Reply With Quote