Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-04-2001, 06:29 PM   #1
™§hãÐôwWàlkër®

Ok, really confused here. I just beat Draak and saved the day.. However, when I went to start the next difficulty level, I found I was only at level 16(warrior) and 13(wizard). Whats up with that?, when I won I was at 27 & 25. HELPPPPP

One other thing, I just bought the game 1 month ago, and it is the CD version. Is there any way to upgrade with the patches? I checked the version in properties, and it shows 1,0,0,0,0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
rkcpek

You can patch the game for updates. Goto this URL
http://www.delphinesoft.com/darkston...chenglish.html
You will need to apply the patches in this order
1.0.5b
They do not have a 'one shot' patch for those smaller patches as of yet.
Also patch 1.0.4 allows you to use custom skins.
Check out this url for the other downloads, skins, and quest maker.
http://www.delphinesoft.com/darkston...sh/index2.html
Old 02-06-2001, 10:40 AM   #3
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

About characters and save games......

The same thing happened to me before I put the patches in. Here's what's happening..... Darkstone saves save games in the (C:\program files\delpine software\darkstone = $DARKSTONE) $DARKSTONE\save\games directory. Characters are saved in the $DARKSTONE\save©haracters directory. The characters file is not synced up with the updated character info unless 1) you place the astral hand on the darkstone and complete the game, or 2, you create a new save of the game you are in (Updating a save game doesn't save all the info like creating a new save does). I've seen some inconsistencies in saving character info and I believe it has to do with the modified date/times on the save game and characters.lpl file (haven't had the inclination to prove the theory, since the patches seem to fix this).

Try this, Go into the game where you beat Draak, use the last possible 'save' game before placing the astral hand. Now perform 2 'new save's (not one, but 2 in a row). Now exit the game and start a new game. See if your character info is correct. If not, go back into the last 'new save' and complete the game. Then start a new game and see if the character info has updated.

If the above doesn't help, try this..... Apply all patches as in rckpec's note. Then go into your last 'save' game (in the game where you beat Draak). Enter the game, hit escape, and select 'export' from the menu (Export forces darkstone to sync up your charcter info in the characters.lpl file with the info stored in a save game). A box comes up that says "export all characters?" - answer yes (note: charcter info for characters with the same name as your exported characters will be overwritten). This sync's up your characters.lpl file and the save games. Note that while in a game (game A), you cannot do something in another game (game B) and effect the character attributes or inventory of your character in game A (doesn't apply to 2 network games, but does apply to all other combinations). That's because Darkstone stores both character info AND inventory, item locations, etc. (all game related stuff) in the save game file. When you load the game, Darkstone will always use the charcter info from the save game.

MTCW,
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote