Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Default So I Killed Illidan

I know I don't frequent IW that much any more, but just popped back to have a read of the mmo forum, and inform you that last night my guild killed Illidan for the first time

3rd Horde guild on our server to do it, so

Got a legendary also

But we got a server first Bulwark of Azzinoth. Despite the other 2 guilds that have killed him before about 3 months ago, he's never dropped it yet so yay!

Hows your progress Timber?

And how you doing Mem? Got 70 on your rogue yet?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: So I Killed Illidan

GRatz mate! I'm 68 so far, here's my toon:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Scabandari

I've been focusing more on pvp as I've gone along, but my guild is farming Kara now, I think the next step is probably ZA after that - hopefully that will be when I ding 70. I already have the welfare epix for 70 - I ground about 50K honor to get them lol.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

Nearly 70 then huh!

Keep going.

ZA is quite a gear step from kara, so you'll probably have to farm a nice steady full epic kara set, then maybe some gruul maggy epics.

We've beat every boss in the game, but we are still about 2 minutes off the damn bear mount, this is with people wearing T6
Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
GRatz mate! I'm 68 so far, here's my toon:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Scabandari

I've been focusing more on pvp as I've gone along, but my guild is farming Kara now, I think the next step is probably ZA after that - hopefully that will be when I ding 70. I already have the welfare epix for 70 - I ground about 50K honor to get them lol.
Don't count on PvP gear to tide you through PvE though, even for KA you will be struggling on the dmg meters. While this gear stacks up on resil. and stam, others are geared in their blue D3 set which does more dmg anyways since it's pve oriented. The weapons are the exception. I would seriously recommend getting them over say, a S1 chestpiece. Unless of course, you plan to Arena or PvP at 70 (god help you).

Grats on the awesome downing of Illidan btw, my guild last I checked is only halfway there, although I haven't raided in at least a month. Takes a lot of cash nightly to support those runs, flasks, food, repairs etc. I got kinda burned out. And yes, the timer on ZA is insanely stupid. You aren't the only t6 guild who hasn't done it yet

Last edited by SpiritWarrior; 03-05-2008 at 09:11 AM.
SpiritWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm planning to have 2 sets of armor - resilience and sta heavy stuff for pvp and agi/ap/hit heavy for pve.

As for the weps - got them already.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I dunno if ive said this before but.. Dude you should go mutilate.

With the new buff to it, 15% increased chance to crit, its pretty awesome stuff. The burst damage is soo good.. But its just a bit harder to play.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnzey boi View Post

With the new buff to it, 15% increased chance to crit, its pretty awesome stuff. The burst damage is soo good.. But its just a bit harder to play.
Is mutilate just what replaces backstab? Back levelling my rogue and this looks the most interesting at 70 (or shadowstep, looks so fun! ). I'm combat swords atm for levelling.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:15 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnzey boi View Post

Thought about it, but I already bought the welfare epic arena swords, which cost 27K honor. So I'll stick with hemo swords which I am loving (which you recommended too) and shadowstep swords for pvp.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:16 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelliis View Post
Is mutilate just what replaces backstab? Back levelling my rogue and this looks the most interesting at 70 (or shadowstep, looks so fun! ). I'm combat swords atm for levelling.

Link to your toon pls Ivellis so we can see...

Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Gryx, undead rogue

Nuran, dwarven warrior Sold all his gear and levelled him from 61-62 naked with nothing but a white vendor bought axe. Doing much better for himself now, got the mighty grey cloth gloves, +20 FR boots and the mighty Ironforge Memorial ring

Ivelliis, night elf hunter My first character and my previous main Also sold his gear so he is wearing a lot of pre-TBC resistance gear/quest rewards which I forgot about in my bank