Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Olli Kalma

Did there came dialog after you killed last Scabbans servant? It went like: " After last apprentice felft down... birds begun sing etc..."

I had same problem again and I didn't had that dialog and didn't get price from toad...
Maybe that event triggers toad to notice you have actually killed evils.

That spear isn't so superior... and you get gold
by selling skulls etc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I didn't reload game for that...
Thought I had saved before and after and often and...
Old 08-26-2004, 06:48 AM   #12
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have already completed the quest with Scabban first. And when I killed the fourth evil, I´ve heard the monolog. But anyway, when I said "ukabu" to Shinwiki, he was surprised, that its me and sent me to kill those four mud evils. But it doesnt matter, I can finish the game without that unreachable spear Thanks for your help.
Another thing I didnt solve when I played the game for the first time, is how to get the Tome at serpent temple. I could not open the door, where it is supposed to be. I know I need some key, but I probably didnt find it.. Any advice?
Veronique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:42 AM   #13
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

The key from the Serpent Master -- the one that opens the door up to Elyssia at the end of the Elevator Maze -- also opens the door to the Tome of Fire.

The positioning is convenient since, while one elevator in the Serpent Master room takes you directly to the end of the maze, the other takes you to its beginning...

The problem with many quests (like this Shinwiki one) is that you can complete the quest action -- killing the green guys -- without having ever triggered the quest. Ideally, the evils wouldn't have appeared until you said Ukabu to Shinwiki and he gave you the quest... oh well
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:08 AM   #14
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great, thanks a lot
I got stuck right now, so I have to ask someone again.. There is a tunnel under water close from the entrance of serpent temple. I must swimm down it and at the end of it is a monkey figurine. But I cant get through, its probably some bug, I just stop in the middle of the tunnel and cant move forward, my party gets drowned.. Is there some tip, how to make it? Thanks..
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #15
Radek
Red Dragon

It's one of the most annoying place in the game. At the end of the tunnel is the Serpent Idol (not a Monkey Figurine) which allows you to get the Book of the Servant with correct answers to the questions of Spirit of Xydusa.
With DOS 98, I was always able to pass, it was a matter of patience. Try, try, look a bit down, try again, try, go for air, try going bacwards, try again, and so on, and so on ... With Neanderthal Technology (winblows 2000 in my case), the chance to pass seems to be much lower than with the DOS. I was forced to give up several times.

No sure tips exist. Only desperate trying and good nerves. There is only one "trick" that always passes and brings you to the statuette: the Vanish spell. Orient yourself in the direction of the tunnel and cast Vanish.
If you cannot cast the spell then you'd better give up and make use of this list of correct answers to the Spirit of Xydusa questions:

serpent sleeps - servant waits
serpent charms - servant bows
serpent schemes - servant dreams
serpent strikes - servant prays
Old 08-27-2004, 06:56 AM   #16
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I made it after half an hour of trying and drowning, it was pretty frustrating
Now I am going to Sturgeon castle, first meeting with amazonian salads was destructive again These awful plants are probably the the worst in the game, couse you meet them, when you are still a weakling..
Old 08-27-2004, 09:38 AM   #17
jsalsb
Elminster

A good trick to always try whenever you are in despair in a tight place... Select the smallest character in your party before attempting to squeeze through whatever it is. Makes a huge (or should I say - tiny) difference
Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #18
Radek
Red Dragon

Well, usually the tiny one [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't think the problem is caused by the size of the orifice. The problem seems to be caused by some "sharp edge" in the orifice geometry.

Similar sharp edges can be seen, for example, in the Toad Village. There are places there where you usually need to jump if you want to pass. For example, the tunnel leading to the ladder, which ends in the Sacred Toadem area. You need to jump if you want to leave the tunnel and reach the ladder.
Now, you cannot jump underwater. You can only push yourself forward looking up or down, pushing a sleeping Unholy Filth in front of you, trying to pass by pushing yourself backward, and so on.
A small character can help if it is really small, for example, a pixie. Such character can try to swim near the ceiling of the tunnel and pass the edge making use of its small stature but most of classes aren't enough small for it.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Woohoo! Glad you made it through, Veronique, and I share your thoughts about the Gael Serran's mobile salad bar. I despise those creatures... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] ... but they do make the game exciting, don't they?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #20
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right now I think they make it exciting too much. There are two ways to sturgeon castle and both are blockled by two salads, who can burn my party in a few seconds.. My spells dont even tickle them, couse my strogest one is a Lightning in stone magic.. I also tried run around them and hide at the castle, but they roasted half of my party completly athough I used merlins shields.. I consider using cheat, but that would spoil the game, I think..