Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-15-2003, 07:48 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Light Bulb

Okay, first, I have to give you all a bit of background knowledge. The party consists of 4 elven rangers (big surprise ); Yieran (male), Samudra (female), Varnick (male) and Shalana (female). I'm going to try and deliver the story in detailed sections (with a good chunk of dialogue), so it could take me a loooong time. Well here goes.

"Hurry up, Samudra! We haven't got all day" Varnick cried out as he wandered into Valeia's Town Inn.
"Coming!" a cry echoed from above.
Shortly a tall, blonde, elf female came running down the stairs.
"Where's Yieran?" Varnick asked, his brow furrowing.
"I thought he was with you..." Samudra said, looking puzzled.
"Great. Just great. Gareth calls us all for a meeting of high importance and Yieran and Shalana get lost. Fantastic. Any ideas where they could be?" Varnick said, a look of impatience crossing his face.
"Ummm. Why don't you try the tavern?" Samudra said, chewing her lip.
"Hmm. Good idea..." Varnick replied as he swiftly marched out the door.
"Well he's in a good mood..." Samudra said to herself.

***5 minutes later, in the tavern***

"Yieran! Shalana!" Varnick roared as he slammed the tavern door open, spotting Yieran sitting at the bar with two Whiskah girls getting very cosy.
"...surrounded by trolls, we were. I had to fight them all off, with only my bare hands..." Yieran said.
"Oh! You must have been soooo brave!" one of the Whiskahs purred.
"Indeed I was! And the others that were with me, well! They were literally quaking in their boots! So I took all the trolls on. It was a hundred to one, and, I won't lie to you; I didn't think we'd survive!"
"But you did! You must have fought them off with your brute strength and amazing agility!" the other Whiskah said, hanging on Yieran's every word.
"Well, I did. With no help from my sidekicks! Then the troll king came. He was ten times the size of the other, now dead, trolls. But I ran up to him and stabbed him with his own sword! Honestly, ladies, I was ready for my death at that ti...."
"YIERAN!!!!! Get your smelly behind off that bar, away from those kittens and come over here!" Varnick yelled as he stamped over to his companion, getting supremely angry.
"Oh, is that one of your sidekicks?" the first Whiskah asked Yieran, her eyes bulging.
"Sidek....Sideki.. Yieran, have you been telling that troll story again?!? Come on! I'll drag you out of here myself!" Varnick screeched, grabbing Yieran by the collar and pulling him out of his chair.
"Hey! Hold it, hold it! That's gnome silk your touching!" Yieran yelled back at Varnick.
"See you ladies later, eh?" he called out to pair of Whiskahs, just as Varnick dragged him out of the door.

***Later, at the inn***

"Oh, there you are!" Samudra cried out as Varnick entered the inn, followed closely by Yieran.
Just as the door closed, Shalana came wandering in.
"Finally. We're all together!" Shalana called out as she walked over to the group.
"Guess what Yieran was doing in the tavern. He was telling the troll story again!" Varnick said, poking Yieran in the ribs.
"Oh, not again. We all know the only reason the trolls ran away was because of your lack of hygiene and subsequent foul body odour, Yieran..." Samudra said, shaking her head.
“Yes, well. It WAS me who got rid of them though, so I have the right to dramatise the story a little” Yieran defended his actions.
“Never mind. It’s about time we went and spoke to Gareth, anyway” Shalana said, making for the door, the rest of the group close behind.

-
-
-
-
-
So what do you all think? I’m aiming for a lot of character development at the start so you will all be able to enjoy the adventure parts of the story. Come to think of it, there were no adventure parts in that story. Hmm. Just tell me what you think.

I hope you liked it,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-15-2003, 09:02 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HUrrah!!!

Go Rangers, Go!!!

Much fun, moiraine sedai!!! Yieran reminds me of other adventurers I have known!

Looking forward to more!!

Wyv
Old 09-15-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Great!!! to have a new story running.

I like the communication between the party members. That is one thing we have lacked in the other stories posted thus far.

Keep up the good work, Moiraine. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
macoati
Manshoon

Lively and entertaining! I'll be very interested when action starts [img]smile.gif[/img]