Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 07:12 AM   #1
The Silent One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here`s another one for the community:

Where can i find a List of item codes? What line do i have to change to open the console?

I want to create a bag of holding for my Character. Anyone know the Steps?

Thanks in a.

TSO
Old 07-15-2001, 07:25 AM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

pon this very website, in the bg2 section of inronworks there is listed the process for getting up your console which is to type Debug Mode=1 under program options then press Ctrl+Space in the game. download infinity explorer,t hat has all the item codes in alphabetical order.

------------------
Where Heroes are lost, Where now reigns the Shadowlord

Old 07-15-2001, 08:56 AM   #3
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

go to teambg's basic downloads for developers if you want to CREATE a bag of holding of your own, instead of just using a code to make the items, you'll need to download: 1) TeamBG VB6 package, 2) biftool and Windows Front End v1.0.0, and 3) the Infinity Engine Editor Pro. Install and/or unzip these programs then start with the biftool. This will extract all item files (for example) and put them into the "data" folder under the name "items"; it will then contain files such as "bow12.itm" or "sw2h10.itm". Use the IEEP's Item Fixer section to load individual item files; after altering them, or creating one from scratch, save the file into the "override" directory.e one appear. Supposedly there is some tutorial somewhere, but I never did find out where. Anybody know?

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-15-2001, 09:14 AM   #4
The Silent One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

While we are asking Questions, can anyone tell me why my Kensai won`t dual to mage?

Can you change anytime or only when attaining a new level?

I just removed the Level cap, corrected the Grand mastery problem and added the Bonus merchants, do these patches have anything to do with it.

In my book, you simply have to click on the appropriate button and choose a new class, but the button remains dark. can anyone help me?

TSO
Old 07-15-2001, 01:33 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Skydracgrrl:
...you'll need to download: 1) TeamBG VB6 package, 2) biftool and Windows Front End v1.0.0, and 3) the Infinity Engine Editor Pro. Install and/or unzip these programs then start with the biftool. This will extract all item files (for example) and put them into the "data" folder under the name "items"; it will then contain files such as "bow12.itm" or "sw2h10.itm". Use the IEEP's Item Fixer section to load individual item files; after altering them, or creating one from scratch, save the file into the "override" directory....
Now where have I heard that advice before?

Creating a bag of holding will be more troublesome than for normal items, as the Bag is treated like a store. I was trying to create a quiver that would hold hundreds of arrows, but wound up going back to the drawing board more than once. Unfortunately, I haven't picked this project up again. Maybe I'll look at it some more today, or maybe I'll just make the quiver create arrows whenever you need them.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....

[This message has been edited by Azred (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 01:38 PM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I thought that if you have 2 X B of H that the items in one are mirrored in the other.....or have you or someone found a way around that? Just curious, I only want the one.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.