Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Question Mark Julian Assange.

Julian Assange.

Should he be beheaded, shot for crimes against humanity, a statue made in honour of his bravery, A fair dinkum aussie hero, jury still out. just a journalist doing his job like Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward, or the name and time that Obama lost the plot and the love of the left wing of society.

What is your opinion?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Julian Assange.

I am always behind someone spear-heading freedom of speech and transparency. He's a defiant journalist, good on him. There are smear campaigns going on of course in an effort to demonize him, but they aren't working. More people are getting behind him - he's staying in a mansion gifted to him by someone who believes in what he is doing. If ONLY wikileaks was around 10 years ago...a very many lives could have been saved and a monumental blunder in history (this war) could have been averted.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

National treason warrants death by firing squad. I have no qualms with firing issued ammo.

If he were around 13 years ago maybe the US strike of the helpless in the Balkans would have been averted and the Taliban would not needed to strike the US homefront, which in turn, placed all patriots on the war path.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
National treason warrants death by firing squad. I have no qualms with firing issued ammo.

If he were around 13 years ago maybe the US strike of the helpless in the Balkans would have been averted and the Taliban would not needed to strike the US homefront, which in turn, placed all patriots on the war path.
Sorry Felix but Assange is not an american thus treason is not an option in law for you.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
If ONLY wikileaks was around 10 years ago...a very many lives could have been saved and a monumental blunder in history (this war) could have been averted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Guilty of being waaaaaaaayyyyyy to late to help perhaps?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

arrrgghh ... sorry Felix I did not see your perfectly good thread about the subject. Mods feel free to merge this onto the other thread ..... sorry
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
Sorry Felix but Assange is not an american thus treason is not an option in law for you.
That's why he has not been deported.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion

A hero welcome in my house anytime. Even putting aside the whole freedom of information/speech/press, you've got to hand it to him for some class-A government trolling
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Julian Assange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaradu View Post
A hero welcome in my house anytime. Even putting aside the whole freedom of information/speech/press, you've got to hand it to him for some class-A government trolling
Agreed. He's an epic troll.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

He's not American, so it's not treason, Felix, but thanks for the Fox-n-Friends by-line, you can always be counted on for that!!

I'll side with a Republican on this one: "In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble." - Ron Paul

I don't think what Assange did is "wrong" or anything, but I do think he's a jerk-off attention whore, but then again the vast majority of society seems to be becoming jerk-off attention whores. I blame the interwebbs.

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 12-20-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote