Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #21
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Satanism? Nice way to force the point, but is that really a valid argument for or against this topic either? No I don't think Satanism is a good religion for children, but neither do I think the Excrement Worshipping Lover Of Her Almightiness Crapolia is either, do you?
You forgot to say why satanism isnt a quality moral religeon, or more importantly why any other religeon is more or less moral than any other.In the end religeon is meaningless in most peoples daily decision makeing. That is why we have priests attacking little boys and idiots like Jerry Falwell saying that mohamed , the prophet of Allah ,was a terrorist.

Link to the jerry fallwell story here ---> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ell_muhammad_3
Old 10-05-2002, 07:28 AM   #22
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
You forgot to say why satanism isnt a quality moral religeon, or more importantly why any other religeon is more or less moral than any other.
I didn't forget to say why, it just has nothing to do with this thread.

Jerry Falwell, sexually abusive priests, even Muslim judges who sentance people to barbaric forms of death for stupid reasons don't make an argument against religion. These people aren't the whole of religion, and you can't condemn the entire religious world because of those who are less than perfect. It may not effect your life, but that doesn't mean it doesn't effect others in positive ways. That's getting a bit off topic as well though.

This thread was about a woman who is scheduled to have stones thrown at her until she dies because she had a child more than 9 months after her divorce.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

In early Judaism, adultery was also a crime that they punished by stoning. When they asked Jesus what to do (obviously, even the ancient Jews were having some qualms) he merely said, in effect, "Certainly, the woman is guilty and deserving of her fate. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." We are told that the crowd melted shamefacedly away, and Jesus told the rescued woman, "Go, and sin no more." This really has everything in it that I wish to say, stated or implied.

[ 10-05-2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 10-05-2002, 01:41 PM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Not to nitpick, but the abuse of women in Africa is not all to do with the Islamic religion.
A horrible and inhuman tradition such as female circumcision is in fact a cultural phenomenon practised by Christians as well as Muslims
African Christians, Jews, Muslims and Animists, but with an overwhelming majority being Muslim. The Hadith of Muhammad endorses FGM, whilst the Bible and Torah do not.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-05-2002, 01:42 PM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
In early Judaism, adultery was also a crime that they punished by stoning. When they asked Jesus what to do (obviously, even the ancient Jews were having some qualms) he merely said, in effect, "Certainly, the woman is guilty and deserving of her fate. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." We are told that the crowd melted shamefacedly away, and Jesus told the rescued woman, "Go, and sin no more." This really has everything in it that I wish to say, stated or implied.
Hear hear.

Old 10-05-2002, 01:51 PM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
It makes me wonder if we would all be better off without religon at all... as John Lennin suggested.
That song by John Lennon is singing about peace. It also says we'd be better off without nations and possessions. The causes of conflict.

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
imane all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Christianity is a relationship that removes us from religion, from loving posessions and from seeing borders and divides where there are none. Christianity is about loving your enemy, turning the other cheek, blessing those that persecute you.

In many ways 'Imagine' is a song of Christian ideals. So don't go confusing mercury with water simply because they're both liquids. One will kill you, the other will sustain your existence.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:18 PM   #27
Thoran
Galvatron

Yorick you know darn well that the sort of religion Lenin was speaking about was the sort that breeds intolerance... and you also know as well as I that EVERY religion on this little blue planet has interance in her ranks, including Christianity. Religion is pure, people are not... as soon as you throw people with their baggage and ego's into something, you open it up for misinterpretation and abuse.

I certainly understand the value religion plays in society... especially by providing our young with an alternative to consumption and excess, I was simply wistfully contemplating the balance in this world between the good works and the bad that are done in the name of religion. I'm sure it's just that the bad side gets better press, but the fact that people can go so far astray of the very things they're fighting for is sad.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #28
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
...the fact that people can go so far astray of the very things they're fighting for is sad.
This is something I don't think anyone will dispute
Old 10-06-2002, 01:00 AM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Yorick you know darn well that the sort of religion Lenin was speaking about was the sort that breeds intolerance... and you also know as well as I that EVERY religion on this little blue planet has interance in her ranks, including Christianity. Religion is pure, people are not... as soon as you throw people with their baggage and ego's into something, you open it up for misinterpretation and abuse.

I certainly understand the value religion plays in society... especially by providing our young with an alternative to consumption and excess, I was simply wistfully contemplating the balance in this world between the good works and the bad that are done in the name of religion. I'm sure it's just that the bad side gets better press, but the fact that people can go so far astray of the very things they're fighting for is sad.
Lenin probably talked about the Russian Orthodox church if he spoke about his nations major religion. Lennon was writing songs.

Anyhow every religion doesn't have intolerance in their ranks, but you're right. People aren't pure. People have intolerance.

Most religions try and curb the destructive elements of human nature. Including intolerance. The Qur'an doesn't though. It's teaching actually does promote intolerance sadly. Much as the politicaly correct would have us believe otherwise.

So basicly, without people there'd be no problems. But there'd also be less love, art, music and beauty in the world too.

Old 10-06-2002, 02:36 PM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

Okay - I've said this before but I don't suppose many listened.

1) Nigeria is not a fundamentalist muslim country. The government is Christian and is against these executions. However a large part of Nigeria is muslim.

2) Stoning is barbaric! In my opinion capital punishment by whatever means is barbaric! I would like to think that this specific event will open your eyes to the way that I think about executions. The way that you feel about stoning is the way that I think about the electric chair.

It's your decision and I respect your right to execute people, as I respect the right of Iraq, China, Iran, Yemen and North Korea to do the same, but I doubt if you respect the right of the Nigerians to execute this woman. Some of you are even talking about how you can put pressure on the NIgerians to conform to your views.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show