Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

I was wondering which of these I should take with my "good" party. My rep is 18 ( or I would take Krogen or Edwin ) My party stands at:
( don't mind my bad spellings plz )

Rastalin - Undead Hunter
Jehira
Minsc
Areia
Amoen/Nalia/Keldorn
Yoshimo/Imoen

I was looking to maybe balence it out a bit. I know that Amoen is a Badass after becoming a Knight, Keldron rocks, and Nalia is a half-mage. So which should I take?

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-15-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
trux

w/ Aerie and Jaheira you have a pretty good amount of clerical power. If you have Yoshimo and not Imoen the only area I see which you would need more power in is magic (Aerie can't single-handedly supply all the wizard power,) so Nalia would be pretty good. You have yourself and Minsc (and Jaheira to a certain extent) for your frontline fighters so Keldorn may be a bit overkill in that area.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-15-2001, 07:24 PM   #3
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

You don't need another Paladin so forget Keldorn, with Nalia, Imoen and Aerie your party will have a heavy bias on magic. My advice is to keep Yoshimo until you get Imoen (no-one say a word) and go with Anomen as he not only is a good fighter but also can boost your healing Magics (Jaheira and Aerie are not wonderfull Clerics), at the very least you can use his priest magic for offensive perposes and the others for defensive.
Old 08-15-2001, 07:26 PM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
w/ Aerie and Jaheira you have a pretty good amount of clerical power. If you have Yoshimo and not Imoen the only area I see which you would need more power in is magic (Aerie can't single-handedly supply all the wizard power,) so Nalia would be pretty good. You have yourself and Minsc (and Jaheira to a certain extent) for your frontline fighters so Keldorn may be a bit overkill in that area.

Nalia is NEVER(!) good! See my Nalia hate thread(couple weeks ago)

------------------
EEEEEEEVILL!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 07:33 PM   #5
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
Nalia is NEVER(!) good! See my Nalia hate thread(couple weeks ago)

I'm certainly no Nalia fan myself (like her better in ToB, though,) but I will NEVER allow Anomen into my party, and in Vanyel's case he has plenty of clerical and figher power but very little magic power - in which case Nalia is the only one out of his choices to choose.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-15-2001, 07:34 PM   #6
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
I'm certainly no Nalia fan myself (like her better in ToB, though,) but I will NEVER allow Anomen into my party, and in Vanyel's case he has plenty of clerical and figher power but very little magic power - in which case Nalia is the only one out of his choices to choose.

What about Jan?

------------------
EEEEEEEVILL!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 07:43 PM   #7
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
What about Jan?

I would certainly pick Jan over Nalia, but Vanyel's question asked to consider from three options: Anomen, Nalia or Keldorn.

If it were my party Jan would be in there way before Nalia (actually, Edwin would be in there before any of them.)

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-15-2001, 07:50 PM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Erk! I hat Imoen as a party member, childish innocence only gets her so far before you realise she cant cast spells to save herself. Dont get Imoen, get Jan. And Anomen does rock after becomming a kinght... and no more whinging!

Nalia is probably the best Mage a Good party is going to come across...though if you were willing to lower your party's rep to 12 or so Edwin could be brought in.....and we know how good Edwin is..

------------------
Old 08-15-2001, 07:51 PM   #9
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Yoshi's good........ *covers mouth and mumbiling something*

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!

Old 08-15-2001, 07:53 PM   #10
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

If he werenŽt evil, IŽd always look to get him in my party before I got anyone else. But the only evil party I played until now sucked after 2-3 hours.

------------------
proud male