Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:22 PM   #1
white heron
Manshoon

Ok, Im a fighter/Cleric (dualed to cleric at start of game).The priests of Lathander regarded me as a holy person(albeit with low rep'),and asked me to sort out the unseeing eye buisiness....so i understand im gonna get the cleric stronghold.I havn't done that one yet mind,...But when i finished Nalias stronghold she chose me to be guardian of the D'Arnise keep - which i really wasn't expecting....so can i get both?
Also, where is the guy from trademeet who is supposed to be in the copper coronet?
.....and ,i really wish they'd made Hendak an NPC, - that would've been great!
I'll tell you all...i really love my fighter/cleric - he has mastery in Flails and a couple of points in warhammers.He has Baldurans armour and shield ,boots of speed,(is now -9 AC)with the 'Flail of ages' he killed all the clay golems at Nalia's keep soo easily,and now at lev' 10 is unstoppable! I often send him in on his own to 'keep the peace'.
Oh yeah, i'd like to hear peoples strategys for killing Firkraag too
THX, white heron

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".

[This message has been edited by white heron (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 05:28 PM   #2
Lord Shield

You can only ever have ONE stronghold. Both the quests you mentioned are general ones anyone can do. If you do Nalia's quest, you can reject her later offer to make you Master of the Keep, and go do the Cleric quest

Old 03-08-2001, 05:31 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Far as i know only Fighters\Mages can get 2 strongholds, but i could be wrong.

Fikragg? The best way to kill him (kinda cheaty) is below:

***SPOILER***
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Talk to him and say your leaving, then gather round him with your hardest fighters and pound away. Every 30 seconds or so initiate dialouge again and say you're leaving. He'll remian friendly! Repeat till death.

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-08-2001, 05:39 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For Firkraag, here is a break down of what characters from each class should do IMHO: (your party is currently out of sight of Firkraag, just standing around near the entrance/exit)
1) Make sure your mages and clerics have several summoning spells available, and an wizard eye.
2) Get the Wizard eye, place it near Firkragg and next to the wall on the east side of the map.
3) Summon monsters like fire elementals (Firkraag is immune to the fire base damage, but so are they), earth elementals, skeleton warriors, mountain bears, woodland beings, nishruu, spiders ... etc. You can only get 4 at a time because you have a wizard eye already. Walk the 4 summoned to the area south of Firkragg (meaning the dragon has his back facing your party) and force attack them. The whole point is to have Firkraag waste his high level spell attacks on them. Having his back face toward your party means his wing-buffet attack will not blow the monsters to your direction (should he decide to follow them after). Don't be afraid to send in several waves of monsters, provided you have enough spells.
4) When you finally decide to send in your own troops, have clerics cast spells like chant, aid, remove-fear, protection from evil ... etc to everyone in party. Have the 2, 2, and 2 party formation with the spellcasters at the back. As soon as you see the dragon. Hopefully you have at least 2 mages and know the spell lower resistance, cast the spell together at the dragon. Your druid should summon high level insect spells at him. If you are using a good party, consider spells like holy-smite. Cleric spells like bolt of glory will also work. Dragon will have stoneskin on, so also have your mages cast breach at him. Your fighters should be in the middle between your mages and the dragon, they should also be busy hacking away. When your mages and clerics are not casting spells, they should be firing arrows and slinging bullets at them. No one should stand idle, and pause the game often to reassign commands to characters. Once the you lowered the dragon's resistance at least a couple of time, send in the magic missiles (sequenced or single), lighting, and acid missiles...etc. Keep hacking it with the fighters and casting spells and it should be over within several minutes.

P.S. you can also use the finger of death, monk's "death punch", or traps tricks to finish him.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:42 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Also, in theory, you can only get one stronghold at a time. But there seems to be a glitch in the game for multi and dual class fighters.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 06:10 PM   #6
white heron
Manshoon

Hey Jerome...Yeah,i've done the 'fake talk' one on him already,but i want to do it for real now.I nearly did it with a few 'lower resistance' and cloudkill/deathfog,but after a while he just healed himself.I might try - set traps-sleep-set traps sleep ect, just to see if it works but i think i'll regard that as 'cheating' too.
on a side note, i used the 'fake talk' strategy on the mage called Sion in the guarded compound (temple district),and after a while gave up talking to him while my team of five just hammered the living daylights out of him,....he's either unkillable,or has like...trillions of hitpoints! - or maybe he's needed later in the game?
Hey Accord, thx for the tips....i'll bear them in mind....i tried using lots of summoned creatures to use up his spells but turning him around is a great idea.Can he not detect your wizard eye?

[This message has been edited by white heron (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 07:26 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Wizard eye is not an item that is "detectable", it is more like an immortal scout for your party. Try to kill it by hacking and slashing, you will be surprise by the number of hitpoint this "eye" has.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!