Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hello, for those who liked Icewind Dale (I thought it was great!) Heart of Winter is here. I pre-ordered and just had an e-mail that its just been shipped so there goes the weekend! Probably in stores tomorrow but I pre-ordered in case theres some extras. Anyway, its out now and I'm eager to play!
Old 02-21-2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
I went shopping specially today, and couldn't find it, should have gone tomorrow but can't. What a b*mmer.
Old 02-21-2001, 07:26 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

YEEEHA! Thanks for telling us. I've been waiting for that for a month now! Oh, wait, how am I going to fit that into my schedule? Hmmm...sleep...yes, I could give that up for a few months, er well, I already gave up several hrs/night...do you think it's possible to exist on 2 hrs/night ? maybe...sigh!

Cloudy, wondering if she can get a caffeine IV anywhere? LOL!
Old 02-21-2001, 07:33 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I cant wait to play!!!!!! I'll have to totally avoid the IWD message board because I want no spoilers!!! I'm ready for BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2001, 07:39 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

I have been waiting for this for what seems like ages. I got IWD just before BGII came out, so I hadn't got very far and had to play BGII as soon as I got it. After that, IWD didn't seem as good. I know that HOW doesn't have all the class kits in BGII, but should add enough interest to get started again.
I have to say I prefer outdoor landscapes to dungeon crawls any day (I'm a bit claustrophobic - why this still affects me in a bl**dy PC game I don't understand at all) but looking forward to HOW none the less.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:16 PM   #6
turbovee
Elminster

Hey CB I never thought of this, but when we finish our BG2 multi game in about a year or two Ever thought about a multi IWD? or maybe start one on the side when we can't get Charlie?
Old 02-21-2001, 08:18 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Epona: That is so funny- I'm claustrophobic too! And feel the same way in those dungeons! But I got the hang of the game in IWD and that's the reason I went ahead and bought BG2. And I played IWD to the end just before I started BG2. Loved it, had a great party, but they were a bit low level for last battle.

Probably won't start HOW til I'm farther along in my BG2 games (one single and one multi)

Cloudbringer
Old 02-21-2001, 08:18 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd like to multi the Heart of Fury mode after I finish HOW
Old 02-21-2001, 08:21 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Turbovee: Yes! I would consider it! Don't know how that would work, with all the characters generated- there aren't any npcs that join you , are there? I loved my party-

Paladin
Ranger (yuanti as enemi)
halfling thief
dwarf fighter-cleric (mc)
Bard (human or half elf don't recall)
Elven Mage

Cloudbringer
Old 02-21-2001, 08:23 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LoA: Heart of Fury?

CB