Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-12-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, after beating this big bad boy the first time I noticed that there was an open quest pertaining to his summoning still in my journal. I reloaded a save from just prior to the summoning only THIS time i used Karlat's wand to cast protection from evil on both myself and my henchman. Belial appears and I initiate the dialogue - and try to persuade him that I need a magical item (option 2). WHAM!!! Game locks up tight with no error message and there is no indication that a tech error log has been created. Ctrl-alt-del will NOT terminate the program and I am forced to actually cut power to the system. OUCH!

I have the latest v1.19 patch installed.

What gives????

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 11:32 PM   #2
Deathcow
Elminster

I've never heard of this before...try reloading it and see if it happens again. I hope you saved it right before summoning him, it seems like a good place to save it.
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:31 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Deathcow,

I did save before (standard procedure first time in a new game is to make a temp save before MAJOR stuff like Belial); and its totally repeatable. Happened both times i tried, and didn't try a third as having to cut power to exit the program is NOT something I like doing.

I thought all my drivers were current but I am double checking them.

thanks

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote