Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-26-2002, 07:10 PM   #1
Ryndel
Dungeon Master

I asked a question about the Jaheira romance a couple of days ago, and I just wanted to find out something. In the walkthrough I got, it says something about Jaheira being captured by Bodhi in chapter 6 and being turned into a vampire. That isn't happening! Where/how does it happen?
\"Darkness called, but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to Star 69 Darkness, but his machine picked up! I yelled, \'Pick up the phone, Darkness!\'. But he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.\" - The Demon Hunter, WarCraft III
Ryndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Spoiler

It happens as soon as you go into the graveyard to get the Rhynn Lanthorn from Bodhi. However, you need to be sufficiently progressed in the romance for it to occur. I'm not sure exactly how far the romance needs to be, but certainly a fair way along, if not finished completely.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:19 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

The vampirism quest happens before the final battle with Bodhi, when your romance is already completed (for Jaheira that would mean you have received the HarperPin from Terminsel).
Old 02-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #4
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

SPOILER
It all starts to happen in Chapter 6. When you are fully romancing Jaheria and you go to the Graveyard district Bhodi will confront you and "vampire-afy" whoever you are romancing. If she doesnt then you are not fully romancing her/him.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:23 PM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

so does the vampirized one get ressurected in any way too? how can i make the romanced person back to life(in my case, jaheira right now)?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:37 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

When you finish the fight with bodhi, you must kill jaheria. Grab the body that drops when you kill her, then take bodhi's black heart and the Jaheria's body, go to the Forgotten Temple of Amauntar, go past that word matt thingy,then go to the altar place the heart and body on the temple and poof! Jaheria is resurectted
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:53 PM   #7
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Shoot. Does this mean that my romantic aspirations with Jaheira are over?

The romantic talk still occurs (love that music), but I've killed Bhodi and am saving the elves. I have ToB and want the romance to finish/continue. Can it? Will I still get the visit from Terminsel?
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 06:07 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by hitherebobby:
Shoot. Does this mean that my romantic aspirations with Jaheira are over?

The romantic talk still occurs (love that music), but I've killed Bhodi and am saving the elves. I have ToB and want the romance to finish/continue. Can it? Will I still get the visit from Terminsel?

Yes, it isn't necessary to be vampirised to complete the romance.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:35 PM   #9
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Phew! Thank goodness. I mean you take a chick out to dinner 93 times (I'm on day 94) and buy her clothes and weapons and armor, and kill monsters threatening her life. She'd better still like me, even if she wasn't turned into a vampire.
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 07:30 PM   #10
Ryndel
Dungeon Master

OK. Thanks for the info, but there's just one more problem CAUTION: SPOILER AHEAD
When Dermin shows up and Jaheira renounces her standing as a Harper, the walkthrough I have said that he shows up 6 days later at either de'Arnise Hold or outdoors in Athkatla. He hasn't shown up at either location. What's happening?
\"Darkness called, but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to Star 69 Darkness, but his machine picked up! I yelled, \'Pick up the phone, Darkness!\'. But he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.\" - The Demon Hunter, WarCraft III
Ryndel is offline   Reply With Quote