Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-03-2001, 08:35 PM   #1
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok, so I go out and get TOB.......YAY.....

I'm going through the prison, and Minsc(my Fav, up to this point) starts Yackin' about what is he doing here, are we still headed down the same path Etc, etc.........He also has been getting pummeled..... What to do???

Also who should be picked up? I picked up Sarevok, then dropped him in the PP, should I go back and pick him up......

Can somebody help me?????

------------------
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:57 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I preferred Sarevok over Minsc, because my main Char. that I play is a ranger, and I needed more strength than what Minsc could give me.

I had Aerie, Jaheira, Mazzy, Me(ranger), Sarevok, and Imoen.
I fared very well in battle.

Personally, I suggest you decide who you favor, and who you think can offer you a good hand in combat.

Asking us is kinda asking your mom what shirt you should wear with these pants...no offense, just an example.

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I had before Aerie, Jaheira, Mazzy, Edwin Imoen and Me a Ranger too... now, I chose Sarevok over Mazzy, armed him with Wave +5... boom! He blew off Mazzy of the charts!!!

Larry's example is right...

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 09:10 AM   #4
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK, then try this..........Who is in your party????

I have
Me(kensai/Mage)
Minsc & Boo
Aerie
Jaheira
Valygar(though I dropped him for Sarevok, for Saradush, then went back to him)
Imoen

I was having problems with Sarevok, always dying, till I used Limited wish, for some armor He was getting better, but I got a little nervous. He startewd to pick a fight with Jaheira, then Minsc, and he is always wanting to kill stuff.
Telling me we better kill stuff or else.

------------------
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 10:57 AM   #5
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

I just hate Sarevok too much from BG1. I have him imprisoned in my pocket plane until he regrets tricking me into resurecting him. Maybe I should free him, cast Horrid Wilting and Contagion on him, and re-imprison him just to make sure he is suffering enough!

------------------
I'm confused. Explain to me again how peace and forgiveness will help me to crush my enemies and make them suffer.
Sherpa Doug
SherpaDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 11:45 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SherpaDoug:
I just hate Sarevok too much from BG1. I have him imprisoned in my pocket plane until he regrets tricking me into resurecting him. Maybe I should free him, cast Horrid Wilting and Contagion on him, and re-imprison him just to make sure he is suffering enough!
But you owe him so much! If it was not for him, you would be trapped in that Library, still...never getting to do that romance stuff with whoever your porkin', and all that!

Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 04:02 PM   #7
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

most fun _I_ had, was playing my evil party.

Me (warrior)
Sarevok
Korgan
Viconia
Edwin
Jan

two words: Energy Blades X3 = DEATH.
And being a complete jerk and killing everything was fun.

------------------
~ One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity ~
trex_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 07:29 AM   #8
Ixion
Dungeon Master

Hi. My followers r Haer Dalis, Minsc, Saverok. Viconia, Aeris. And i got my Mage. It has worked Really well so far....

------------------
When Ixion the mage walks, the world shivers. (old BG saying)

[This message has been edited by Ixion (edited 09-05-2001).]
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:47 PM   #9
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, I've a question related to this topic, which is : How many fighters or priests are sufficient for TOB?

I had 2.5 fighters (Kensai PC, Minsc and Jaheira) and 1.5 priests (Viconia and Jaheira) in SoA. But I read somewhere that lots of monsters are highly magic resistant and that fighters would be better at eliminating them (being properly buffed up). So I'm not sure whether to dump Jaheira and get a full fighter for this purpose.

If anyone has any comments on this, please feel free to share them. Thanks!

mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:10 PM   #10
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Who to pick, and who to drop, depends on your playing style.

For example, do you use spells as your primary offensive,and fighters to mop up? Or fighters to hack n' slash, with spells to protect and give support fire?

My style is the latter, and I used this party in SoA:

Kensai - NG
Minsc
Aerie
Jaheira
Keldorn
Jan (Imoen from Chap 4 onwards).

In ToB, I dropped Minsc for Saraevok.

Try to have a balanced party - tanks, offensive spell casters, defensive spell casters, and a thief (to find and disarm traps, and pick locks). My party has all these elements and I like to use Imoen (w/Staff of Magi) as a scout to go ahead of the party (invisibled, of course), to check out the next area before I move in with the rest of the party.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote