Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-25-2000, 01:07 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hello all! I'm almost at the end of the game, and now I find this forum. Boy, could I have used some of the advice here earlier! However, I guess slugging through with trial-and-error works, too.

Wyvern, I remember you from Wiz 6 with your fabulous FAQ that helped me in several places. (Nod of respect) Many thanks and I'm glad to see you're back for another one of Davey's creations.

I'm a Wizardry veteran (having played all of them, including the infamous Werdna one), but they really got interesting after D.W. got hold of them. I've enjoyed seeing some of the similarities in them and in W&W (including a nice breeze of nostalgia at the beginning of the game...anyone else remember Smitty?)

Well, I've run on enough I guess, but I'll be back checking out the board for sure. I still have to get through Collosium and the final Pyramid.

See you around the boards,
Sazerac
Old 11-25-2000, 02:24 AM   #2
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Hey, I'm new too. Can't say that I've played any Wizardry games, except one on super nintendo, but that's it. Nice to meet ya.

Old 11-25-2000, 04:52 AM   #3
xenotoca

Just to put the record straight I am not a W&W fan I am a W&W air conditioner

Old 11-25-2000, 08:36 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome Sazerac!!!

(blushes) Wiz 6 was one of the last walkthrus that I wrote, probably one of my best too. Back then I had delusions about being in charge of an online gaming area and making some side cash off the deal. Well, I did get the first half of that, but never got the latter. It was also about that time that the game companies started selling companion game strategy guides. Not all of them (including the one for W&W) are that good. I was going to write a walkthru for M&M3 - my notes were better than their stategy guild but just never did it. This board is better than any guide could ever be!!

I've played all the Wiz series. Played 1-3 endlessly and had 2 monk characters that could knock down a mountain with the back of their hands!

Wyv
Old 11-25-2000, 01:22 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Wyv,

Well, you did a great job. I at one time had a large portion of my site devoted to a Daggerfall walkthrough which I think others still have portions of my walkthrough on their fan pages. (Back then I was known as "Barbarian"). I've thought about doing something similar for W&W, but remembering the hassle I got from some people (which is why I took down the other site), I decided to skirt the issue. Anyway, I fully agree, this board is far better than any walkthrough site or strategy guide.

Wasn't Wiz 3 fun? The idea that your characters had to become both good and evil to make it through the whole game. It was a concept unexplored up to that time. Of course, when D.W. took on Wiz 5, that's when you started getting the interesting NPC's in the game as well.

That reminds me...do your characters in W&W ever become anything other than "Neutral"? No action I seem to take affects that status on their player sheet. I wonder if that was something D.W. was going to put in, but decided not to. Anyone know for sure on this?

Talk to you later,
Sazerac
Old 11-25-2000, 01:37 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Wyvern or strategy guide? NO CONTEST! No SG could ever come close to Wyvern's wit, knowledge or kindness! She is one of the reason's I stayed at this forum. My game is much more enjoyable knowing if I am stuck I don't have to beat my head on the keyboard. Helps me to pause and think knowing the W&W companions can offer their wisdom if I get truly stuck. Overlooking my second lever (nice camaflaguey - cant see it; cant spell it) at the castle doesn't count.

Welcome, Sazerac.

Old 11-25-2000, 03:09 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm just going to stay red and not have to blush all the time!

Wait, that's the same thing.

Oh well

Wyv