Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 12-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Exclamation Outside Of The Realm: Level Thirteen's Outer Realms...

I was venturing through Level Thirteen and its side realms for a while today, and some thoughts occured to me. I figured I would post them up as I went through them, and see what other people thought of them. Remember, this is just me going through the area and thinking to myself "what would be cool HERE..."

Level Thirteen: The Drow City
- the chance to go INTO Spellhold Tower... (that'd be so cool!)
- a bar with people in it open for business, perhaps with the chance to deal with new NPCs
- the opportunity to acquire a new NPC henchman down there (but that's just me).
- another Drow House to interfere with, maybe two or three (easily connected to Drow found on Levels One, Three, and Nine

Level Thirteen: The Void Realm
- the two Mariliths should be rendered immune to Devestating Critical.
- both Mariliths should give out cool items in their current possession.
- both Mariliths to get new and unique names so people know which one they are fighting.
- perhaps a third and fourth demoness should join them in the realm. (builds for such could easily be dragged out of people's current character lists)
- some Pets Of Kalistos(sp?) should appear down there as well. they are, after all, spiders...
- the Huge Fire Beetle should be rendered immune to Devestating Critical and have access to dragon's breath attacks.
- all the beetles should stop dropping Fire Beetle Carcasses (mainly as there's no resale value in them)
- one Void Realm Deathstalker (think Dark Lord Of The Sith with all the cool extras) to be added for extra "WTF!"-ness, not THAT hard to hit, but with regeneration and damage reduction. with all the weapons currently in the module, all that would need be done is the remodeling of a few of them.
- more bodies or bones close to the various altars within that realm. after all, they had to be sacrificing SOMEONE down there...
- one Shadow Dragon?

Level Thirteen: The Melairkyn Mines
- a new quest would be nice, but probably difficult to impliment within there.
- a narrative given by a new NPC dead dwarven scribe whom you find somewhere within as to the fall of the Melairkyn Mines
- have the Undead Dwarven Guardians leave behind only gold, as nobody uses the crafting materials
- if the crafting materials are not removed, perhaps have some place within the mines that if you hand in ten of something, you'll get an item in return (e.g. - ten of those hammer heads and you can get the best light hammers within Undermountain, ten of the shields gets you a Large Shield which was made for dwarves that rivals most of what is already out there, et cetera)
- improve the various Dwarven Axes found down there. none of the ones I found will serve too well beyond Level Thirteen if even Level Thirteen... (and make them all Dwarven Only)
- improve the Melairkyn Tower Shield to [-unique-] status
- improve the Hammer of Melairkyn's Heir
** remove Enhancement Bonus +10, increase Attack Bonus to +11
** add On Hit: Crumble Level 10 or 2d4 Sonic Damage
** increase On Hit: Slow to Level 10 or add 2d4 Magical Damage

Level Thirteen: The Underground Pit
- to have those osyluth's actually dissolve into nothingness quickly
- to be able to find/make Osyluth Hide Armor
- descriptions on what makes the different osyluths actually separate from each other?
- Kama Of Slicing Greed needs to be upgraded...
**+10 or higher Attack Bonus, add second Damage Bonus
**remove the Enhancement Bonus, increase Vampiric Regeneration
**increase Damage Resistence, add Damage Vulnerability

Level Thirteen: Lake Of Shadows
- just want to know where that portal is supposed to take us. I mean, it sits there just TEASING me... *grumbles*
- something to do with that Rebel Plans book you can find somewhere within the place

Level Thirteen: Underneath The Lake Of Shadows
- nothing I can think of, as you mentioned the map feature doesn't really work down there to begin with.

Level Thirteen: Hidden Dragon's Lair
- only thing I can think of right now is to boost the Blue Dragon armor. (of course, I say that for the other dragons as well, so...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.

Last edited by Mozenwrathe; 12-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
garrison
Manshoon

Default Re: Outside Of The Realm: Level Thirteen's Outer Realms...

Some great ideas Moz, I'd really like to see buildings open up in either city (Drow and Waterdeep); maybe the guild of mask has a branch office on 13?

Under the lake is Brandmaker and a Kama of Cleaving, I'd argue that both weapons deserve better that their current +9 enhancement if only because they are exotic weapons. The bastard sword requires an extra feat than do the +13 and +14 martial weapons, and the kama is really the only weapon useful to monk/weapon master combos.

On a side note, the xmas bastard sword seems to be missing part of the weapon model, which renders as a bag, is this the same for others?
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

It would be nice to tie another quest to Lady Zhara. Now that she has the Demon relic, she needs some one to go get the 10 hammer heads from the master smiths in the mines to use for her summoning which could tie into the problems when summons go wrong with random demons popping up on lvl 13 ( oh 5-6) and finally going into the tower behind her to get rid of the summoned demon who kicked her out of her humble abode ( and any nice Mage / Sorc goodies that just happen to be lying around in the tower).
Old 01-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Some really awesome ideas there Moz! After this update, I'll work a few in for sure! Send forth some more ideas (any of you!) For other levels as well.. Quest ideas too (besides the 'main story quest' I have been working on adding in).

I have additions coming up that add Dwarven Miners--finally activity for all those mine carts and rails...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote