Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
Vedran
Lord Soth

Annatar, DJG, or anyone else, could you help me with this amulet? I'd like it to grant a Polymorph Greater Fire Elemental spell that can be cast at will.
It doesn't matter if it is in "use item" or "special abilities" menu.

Alpha version of the amulet is at my homepage, above my post (the third item in the table). You can download it, edit it, and send it to my email (in my profile).

Thanks for your help.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 06:21 PM   #2
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Can you give a link? Because my favourites are messed up..
Old 04-27-2003, 02:09 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Alpha version of the amulet is at my homepage, above my post
You did notice that there is a small icon above my every post? It says "Author's Homepage".
And the link is in my profile as well.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:34 PM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Aaahh damn stupid me, it was like 1 a claok in the midnight yesterday when I saw your post so... my brains go out after midnight.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ill see what I can do with it (site looks better men [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] )

[ 04-27-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 04-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Thank you. I added table (after I have learned how to make them) and readmes. HTML is hard...

Where is your page? Put it into profile.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:35 PM   #6
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

I've done that before, I made a staff that could cast the spells 'Stone to Flesh' and 'Disintigrate'

I haven't done this for a while so forgive me if I've got a few technical terms wrong.....

I opened Shadowkeeper and ran through the spells to find an appropraite icon that would be, well, appropriate! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I found "Fire Elemental Transformation" and exported it. I then opened it in "Spell Creator" and found the Icon to be called SpPr731C. Remember that....

Again we go to Shadowkeeper. Open "Creature Browser" and find the .cre name of the thing you want to shapeshift into. I found "Greater Fire Elemental" and looked at all of them. I chose "GORFIR01", remember that too.

Click on the little Dagger with a snake, and create a new extension header on the item you've made in IEEP. Copy SpPr731C into the "Use Icon" section. Now in the "Use Item" bit in the game it will display a picture of the icon for Fire Elemental Transformation. Now add these into the appropriate boxes: (Box names in Bold and Italics, contents normal)

Attack Type: Magical/None
Use Location: Magical
Target Type: Self or One Target, you didn't say whether you wanted it to be a targetable polymorph....

That should be all that matters. Now create a new "Item Effects" thing, and choose "Polymorph into Specific". Into the "Resource Key" thing put GORFIR01

The other effects her you can choose, for instance Timing Mode would be "Duration" and Effect Time would be however long you wanted the polymorph to last, in seconds.

You can now create however many other special effects you want, like maybe a few sound effects and visual effects to add to the transformation, by adding extra "Item Effects".

Voila! Save and you've got your item.

PM me or reply if you've got any questions about what I've said.
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote