Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 04:33 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Mr Smith is one most devoted christian that anyone ever has known of. He lived in a nice big house called Diginity, and has a big family of five, his wife is called Mercy, he has the following kids: Innocent, Agressive and Indecisive. The whole family is grateful for what God has given them, and they all followed God's words

One day, a robber broke into the house with a gun, and BAN, killed Innocent. Everyone was awoke by the noise. Aggressive carried his riffle and said "Dad, let me kill the bastard!"

Mercy cried:" no! how horrorable you speak your words! we must NOT kill by God's words!"

Smith said:"That is right, son, we must not kill, lets try negotiate with him."

So Mercy went to the robber with a charming smile on her face, but too bad, BANNN, she is dead too.

Then the robber robbed the diginity clean, and turned to leave. Aggressive cannot wait any longer, so he took the riffle and chased the robber down. Being too bigheaded, he trippled himself over before the robber, and there we go, BANN, another one is dead.

Mr. Smith was so pained by the loss, he cried and cried:"ohh... what have I done? Only if I took some actions early!! now the robber had killed Innocent, killed my woman so there will be no Mercy left to give, and killed my son. Now only the Indecisive and I left!! I am a MURDER!!"
Old 10-09-2001, 04:35 PM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
When you say 'funnier', I'm not quite clear on how humour comes into this... It's not meant to be FUNNY, Seph, it's deadly f*cking serious!!!!!!!

we need those people who cry for peace... so that the ones cry for vengence won't over do their actions
Old 10-09-2001, 04:38 PM   #13
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Imagine what would happen if God really DID come to Earth and said that, imagine people's reactions, what would YOU do if God came to Earth?
Well, I can tell you that right now!! Supposing 'god' came to earth, then everyone would, first of all, want PROOF that he/she/it was god. As soon as he said anything that people majorly disagreed with, because it went against their vested interests, they'd probably do something really horrible like, oh, I don't know, crucify him or something??

Of course, being god, probably he wouldn't be crucifyable, so they'd just have to do a smear campaign so no-one would believe what he said........ He might have something to say about freedom of belief, for example, and that wouldn't suit everyone.

Might also have something to say about no way being 'the right way', but all ways affording paths to the divine, if people follow them with sincerity and love. Again, that wouldn't suit everyone!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-09-2001, 04:41 PM   #14
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
i'm not quite sure you read my post right... *sigh* i guess you just have to have read the article to see why its funny... and please dont jump on me just for posting my opinion, ive noticed way too much of that lately.

Sorry Seph, but what is funny about Dio's post? You said that it wasn't as funny as the terrorist post, I haven't read the terrorist post, so haven't a clue about that, just wondering why you thought the above was funny at all?? (Didn't mean to jump down your throat..... :begpardon:

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 04:44 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Sorry Seph, but what is funny about Dio's post? You said that it wasn't as funny as the terrorist post, I haven't read the terrorist post, so haven't a clue about that, just wondering why you thought the above was funny at all?? (Didn't mean to jump down your throat..... :begpardon:

ahh, someone like you probably wouldnt find it very funny anyway. it was about the terrorists and what happened to them in Hell... sorry, i have a very dark sense of humor. some other people probably thought it was funny too, if you want i could post it here...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-09-2001, 04:53 PM   #16
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
ahh, someone like you probably wouldnt find it very funny anyway. it was about the terrorists and what happened to them in Hell... sorry, i have a very dark sense of humor. some other people probably thought it was funny too, if you want i could post it here...

Someone like me..... hmmm. Should I be flattered or peturbed. I think I'll go with the former.

If you read my posts on some of the lighter threads, Seph, I think you'll find that I very much do have a sense of humour. However, I've never found pain, suffering, misery, death or violence particularly appropriate topics for humour. (Boring bitch..........) To my mind, what we trivialise, we are more likely to accept.

So no, I'll pass on the terrorist/hell thing. If I see one more flip thing about death, I think I'll explode. (Not getting at you. Just read a few posts that made me see red, that's all..... )

------------------

Old 10-09-2001, 04:54 PM   #17
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
This made me cry too. Dio, thanks for finding this and putting it on. It is absolutely beautiful. 'The whole point of believing in god is to have a higher standard of behaviour.' Oh YES YES YES YES YES!! This is brilliant. I'm going to print it out and keep it in my special folder for special things. Thank you again.

You are very welcome, dear Cheetah.
Old 10-09-2001, 04:55 PM   #18
G'kar

*stands up and cheers*
Thank you very much Dio. Very kind post you have shared.

Old 10-09-2001, 04:58 PM   #19
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Someone like me..... hmmm. Should I be flattered or peturbed. I think I'll go with the former.

If you read my posts on some of the lighter threads, Seph, I think you'll find that I very much do have a sense of humour. However, I've never found pain, suffering, misery, death or violence particularly appropriate topics for humour. (Boring bitch..........) To my mind, what we trivialise, we are more likely to accept.

So no, I'll pass on the terrorist/hell thing. If I see one more flip thing about death, I think I'll explode. (Not getting at you. Just read a few posts that made me see red, that's all..... )

Actually I think you would find the article he refers to funny, when you are feeling in a lighter mood. It is another "article" at the Onion, about the Terrorists being interviewed about their surprise to wake up in Hell instead of Heaven. You can reference it by the Link I posted above, in the "last weeks news" section. You would enjoy the Onion site, Cheetah. It is full of biting social and political satire. The above article about God speaking out was an exception to its normally light hearted tone.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:06 PM   #20
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Other current articles there include stuff like "US vows to defeat whoever it is we are at war with" and this little gem:

Bush Sr. Apologizes To Son For Funding Bin Laden In '80s
MIDLAND, TX— Former president George Bush issued an apology to his son Monday for advocating the CIA's mid-'80s funding of Osama bin Laden, who at the time was resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. "I'm sorry, son," Bush told President George W. Bush. "We thought it was a good idea at the time because he was part of a group fighting communism in Central Asia. We called them 'freedom fighters' back then. I know it sounds weird. You sort of had to be there." Bush is still deliberating over whether to tell his son about the whole supporting-Saddam Hussein-against-Iran thing.

Good stuff

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 10-09-2001).]