Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #31
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
A good case of "intellegence" or more likely instincs is that:

if you live dog alone he will probably die becuase it is the dog who is not able to live alone. He is to dependant on us.

Cat is tottlaly another thing. Cat is a hunter.Skilled hunter.
Live cat alone and he/she will have no problem with the meaning of survival.
What if it was an indoor cat?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #32
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
A good case of "intellegence" or more likely instincs is that:

if you live dog alone he will probably die becuase it is the dog who is not able to live alone. He is to dependant on us.

Cat is tottlaly another thing. Cat is a hunter.Skilled hunter.
Live cat alone and he/she will have no problem with the meaning of survival.
What if it was an indoor cat? [/QUOTE]It really doesn`t matter. Cat is a hunter. It is in her blood. She will not be dependet on human. belive me.
I tested this.
I let my cat loose for 2 weeks,and she survived just easliy.
The only problem was how to find her...
Old 07-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #33
BaRoN NiGhT

most of u reply based on opinions.if your talking about which is smarter, well lets just see what affects the difference of intelligence between living things.as u know, we, humans are the smartest living thing.what is the cause of that?brain.yes, brain volume is the thing that makes the difference.the larger, the smarter.this is fact about cats and dogs brain volume:

cat: 25.3
dog: 81

see!based on these facts, dogs r smarter.u cant resist it.

but above all of that, i still love cats more.they are just lovable, playful,and not harmful like dogs.

--------------------
Old 07-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL! My cats would assure you that it doesn't matter what we humans think, they'll take over the known universe anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
My cats have made it clear to us long ago that they only allow us to live in THEIR apartment because we know how to open the cans of food. I'm sure that if they figure that out, we'll come home to changed locks. [/QUOTE]You betcha! LOLOL One of mine can almost turn the doorknob if he is on something that keeps him up near the knob! Thank goodness he doesn't have thumbs or I'd be looking outside for him all the time!
Old 07-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
most of u reply based on opinions.if your talking about which is smarter, well lets just see what affects the difference of intelligence between living things.as u know, we, humans are the smartest living thing.what is the cause of that?brain.yes, brain volume is the thing that makes the difference.the larger, the smarter.this is fact about cats and dogs brain volume:

but above all of that, i still love cats more.they are just lovable, playful,and not harmful like dogs.

--------------------
That is totally a false truth. See, us Humans only USE 10% of our brains (and some I've met, much less [img]smile.gif[/img] )

So says the [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #36
Stratos
Vampire

I believe it's more than just the size of the brain that matters, by that logic whales would be smarter than humans. It's also about how much 'folded' the brain is and the size of it in relation to the size of the body of the host.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:36 PM   #37
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:

--------------------
That is totally a false truth. See, us Humans only USE 10% of our brains (and some I've met, much less [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[/QUOTE]Nope, sorry Z, THAT is a false truth. We use almost all of our brains . But Stratos is right, brain size isn't important anyway. People with big heads aren't any smarter than people with small heads. And women generally have smaller heads than men but they are no dumber on average.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #38
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

NO! Ziroc is right. We only use 10% of our brain!
And we think we are smart.

Some Shaoiln priests belive that if we could learn how to use 100% of our brain then we could see our former life before reincarnation.

Hmm cool
Old 07-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #39
Chewbacca
Zartan

We use 100% of our brain, roughly 10% of our mind. Of course it's practicaly metaphysics so there is no way to prove it.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #40
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL! My cats would assure you that it doesn't matter what we humans think, they'll take over the known universe anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
My cats have made it clear to us long ago that they only allow us to live in THEIR apartment because we know how to open the cans of food. I'm sure that if they figure that out, we'll come home to changed locks. [/QUOTE]Oh true. My cat makes sure I get up each morning to go to work, so I can maintain her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed [img]smile.gif[/img]