Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 07:15 AM   #31
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Why don't we give away some complimentary "Instant Water TM" with them to boost sales

Good idea Tainly!!

Instant air TM also included as a special gift to be used before adding water

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 07:18 AM   #32
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Why don't we give away some complimentary "Instant Water TM" with them to boost sales

Well in that case people line up. I have already used the trial version of Instant Water TM and its GREAT!
Buy now and youll get a set of plum knives free!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 07:34 AM   #33
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Well in that case people line up. I have already used the trial version of Instant Water TM and its GREAT!
Buy now and youll get a set of plum knives free!

and our 100th customer gets a travel clock too

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-14-2001, 12:21 PM   #34
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cloudy and Moni: Let's just say I have a vast amount of Star Trek Reading and watching under my belt. The best books have to be the DS9 ones. STNG was okay, but got repetitive trying to stay in line with the TV show. DS9 Characters had so much more depth IMHO and Voyager was the same show, different planet. We are far away, running out of food. SOmeone help us? And the Original . . . was . . o . . .k, but .. .the ... graphics . . . and the . . .stories . . .were revolutionary . . . for it's . . .time . . .

BK, boldly going where no one wants to go . . .
Old 05-14-2001, 12:41 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Cloudy and Moni: Let's just say I have a vast amount of Star Trek Reading and watching under my belt. The best books have to be the DS9 ones. STNG was okay, but got repetitive trying to stay in line with the TV show. DS9 Characters had so much more depth IMHO and Voyager was the same show, different planet. We are far away, running out of food. SOmeone help us? And the Original . . . was . . o . . .k, but .. .the ... graphics . . . and the . . .stories . . .were revolutionary . . . for it's . . .time . . .

BK, boldly going where no one wants to go . . .
I loved DS9. Had it's share of problems, storywise, but was very good. Hmmm..Moni? If we are in DS9, I'm gonna have to go with the doctor- Bashir...cutie with an exotic accent...LOL

ER, where was I, BK? Oh yes, Ds9 was very good. No question. But for pure Gene Roddenberry style Trek...the original and TNG were it. And I LOVED TNG. Had a few weak episodes, most series do, but it's strong ones were outstanding. The Klingon Succesion storyline as well as the Borg appearance on the scene were riveting. And nobody made me laugh as hard as Deana Troi's mother...HAHAHAHHAHA

Uh, I had a whole chat about this someplace...old board maybe? A Ziroc thread on tv shows....I'll look for it.

The original was SUPERB for it's time. No question about it. Been into Trek since 1969....but not the 'fan novels' etc. The officially sanctioned programs. Lost interest in mediocre novel after mediocre novel ages ago and stopped reading any. The first James Blish one was good...can't think of the title, but it was an expansion of the Organian plot in one show. Good book.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-14-2001, 12:54 PM   #36
Black Knight

I'll look and get you some title worth looking into, maybe at the Library. But anything to do with 'Q' is worth buying. Very good. Peter David is a good author.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 01:31 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BK:

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No.../000074-5.html

Yyou may need to start on page 4 or 5, not sure, but there is a nice little discussion (Ramon and CB) re STNG and DS9 that is spread out over a few pages.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-14-2001, 01:53 PM   #38
Moni

BK,
DS9 was my son's favs. I never watched an original ST until I was 27 (we weren't allowed to watch "trash" on TV when I was a kid). I liked them for what they were and I did watch STNG regularly but was never SciFi fan enough to really keep up with the continuing series.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 02:57 PM   #39
Black Knight

I really got into the books. If you can keep a secret, I had all 500 plus Star Trek books at one point. Then I moved and donated them to a local SCIFI book store so others could enjoy 'em. Of course, I kept the best ones for myself. Teehee.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 03:43 PM   #40
Moni

LOL, no need to keep it a secret!
My son has a fantastic Sci-Fi/Fantasy hardcover collection...Star Trek's being among them!

Rex has (lemme go count them LOL...18 Star Trek paperbacks, three "Tek" (William Shatner) paperbacks and one "Spock Messiah!" in a bookcase I can reach from here (but never touch except to dust )

Moni

------------------