Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2000, 01:18 AM   #1
Beri

Ok, so I am having problems with the combat scenes and need some help, please. Sometimes the characters hack away without doing damage at all, when I check, their weapons are highlighted in red, so they ARE selected. Is there a way to have them all attack one by one and before they do I have to tell them what to do (and if so, does it have to do with a specific script)? I absolutely despise this formation bar, I want each character's bar to come up so I can direct them one by one before they attack. I am getting my rear kicked in battles that should not be all that hard, and I am getting really tired of reloading time and time again. Any help and enlightenment about the combat system would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2000, 01:59 AM   #2
Armisael

You can turn scripts off by hitting 'A'. You can also turn auto-pause when hostiles are spotted so that you can tell each NPC what to do as the battle starts, or you can simply hit space at the start of a battle. Certain weapons don't work against certain enemies; for instance, clay golems can only be hurt with blunt weapons, and stone golems can only be hurt with slashing weapons. Other enemies can't be hit by anything unless it has a certain level of enchantment, i.e. a demilich can only be defeated with a weapon +4 or better.