Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2000, 05:40 PM   #1
The.Relic
Red Dragon

When you free the Minscter in the beginning of the game, he relates how he was forced to watch Dynahier die, but he says he didn't know who it was. My curiosity was aroused when during Renal Bloodscalp's quests to Mae Var's guild hall, we finally get handed of to Edwin, and Minsc literally went off. He accused Edwin of being responsible for her death in some sense and wanted to kill him on the spot.
My question is, has anyone let Minsc confront and whack Edwin at some point, just to see what happens? It just made me curious if there might be some secret issue here that software manufacturers often slip into their games.
Old 11-23-2000, 06:55 PM   #2
lombardi

Exact same thing happened to me, but I've had them in the same party now for over a week(game time) and so far nothing. I sure that this is probably nothing, but i keep them as far apart in the party order as possible. They are 2 of the most useful NPC's in the game and I DON'T want them to fight.

Old 11-23-2000, 07:13 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, some people don't seem to like the Minscter, but I love the guy, he's Hilarious. I also used all his level up profinciency points in dual weilding maces. He has a +3, and +2 and he deals out 35+, nearly 60 with a critical, in crushing damage when he hits. I have to watch him when he Berzerk's. When we took on Bodhi, we all took some damage and after the battle I pulled into formation and started getting the goods. Jahiera was already hurt in the #3 back up tank slot, love her -9 AC, behind Minsc and I. Next thing I know, I hear "WHACK", and Jaheira screams. I looked at her pic and she was almost dead. Minsc was still in Berzerk and had tagged her with a 60 point critical love tap, dang near killed her.
Old 11-25-2000, 05:06 AM   #4
LilKid

Oh, come on, I can't be the only one who told that wizard guy that Edwin was the girl... He was dead before my fist hit him

Old 11-25-2000, 07:25 AM   #5
Golem Master

I know that in Bladur's gate (1) Edwin recruited you when you hadn't Dynaheir in your party.
His quest for you was to kill her. So there is a pretty big chance that Edwin killed her.