Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-03-2002, 09:21 AM   #91
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Good morning, everyone. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] I seem to have come down with some sort of "bug". *sigh* *sniff* *cough* Fortunately it's not bad; I'm not really sick, but I'm not well, either. Ick.

Attalus, Fzoul Chembryl used to be the "high priest" of Bane in Zhentil Keep, became Bane's avatar during the Time of Troubles, and was one of the leaders of the Black Network. After Bane was killed, he switched to Ichyathu (sp) Xvim. I'm not sure of all the details, but I think Bane is back and Zhentil Keep was destroyed. Anyway, he was a major character in Faerun for a long time.

It is Tuesday; the long weekend is over. Now get back to work! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Thanks, Azred, sorry that you are not well. Damn, I have to go to work, too, I'm just putting it off. Query, if all the "gods" of Faerun (or Toril, I guess) keep getting killed (as in the Time of Troubles), what makes them gods? They sure aren't immortal. And, since we all have been offered that exhalted state at the end of TOB, are they just extremely powerful mortals? Why does anyone worship them, except to get power? I know Viconia says that Lloth "deserted her," which I guess means that she lost her Cleric powers, but then she "found" Shar and got them back. Does this explain why she is at a relatively low level when you rescue her for the first time, in Peldevate? When she used to be a High Priestess? And, why, when she (spoiler) changes her alignment, doesn't she have to find a new god? Questions, questions.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:09 AM   #92
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Thanks, Azred, sorry that you are not well. Damn, I have to go to work, too, I'm just putting it off. Query, if all the "gods" of Faerun (or Toril, I guess) keep getting killed (as in the Time of Troubles), what makes them gods? They sure aren't immortal. And, since we all have been offered that exhalted state at the end of TOB, are they just extremely powerful mortals? Why does anyone worship them, except to get power? I know Viconia says that Lloth "deserted her," which I guess means that she lost her Cleric powers, but then she "found" Shar and got them back. Does this explain why she is at a relatively low level when you rescue her for the first time, in Peldevate? When she used to be a High Priestess? And, why, when she (spoiler) changes her alignment, doesn't she have to find a new god? Questions, questions.
Normally, gods themselves may not be killed by mortals even though the avatars can be. During the Time of Troubles the gods were kicked out of the Outer Planes, so the avatars were the gods and, thus, susceptible to being killed.
If I remember correctly, those who do not worship a deity, or at least pay lip service, become Faithless when they die. Their lot is to mill around the Afterlife doing nothing and going nowhere; they stand around outside Kelemvor's Palace (he's the new Lord of the Dead)--that would be about as much fun as sitting around the airport waiting lounge for eternity. [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]
I'm not sure about Viconia re: her character level when you first meet her. Technically, a 9th level cleric was called "High Priest"; I suppose changing faiths could result in a loss of character level, just like dual-classing (except you don't keep your original class). I don't know why she doesn't have to seek a new faith when (if) her alignment changes.

Listen to me sound like an expert. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

edit: Attalus, any word from the Foehammer?

[ 09-03-2002, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 09-03-2002, 02:07 PM   #93
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Nope, I asked Galadria,, and she hasn't had an e-mail from him in a week, and he hasn't yet repleid to the one she sent him on Sunday. Hope everything is all right.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:19 PM   #94
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Lo all... *glances around* quiet in here. lol, I take it Kaltia and Nessy havent been posting.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #95
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi guys.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #96
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Noone 'round, eh? Well, I'm just gonna sit here and have a cold malt beer or two...I'M SO ALONE!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
Old 09-03-2002, 04:27 PM   #97
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

...that's better. *snif*

HAW!

Old 09-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #98
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oh, so that's why no one's around. Debiler's in here. *turns nose up and ignores him* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 04:32 PM   #99
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Im around for maybe half an hour while my parents arent here [img]smile.gif[/img]
Why don't you guys go check out my homework thread
Old 09-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #100
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Waaaaaaaaahg! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] Just ignore me, I can entertain myself. [img]graemlins/superdude.gif[/img]

HAW!