Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 11:31 AM   #1
Lord Exxon

My character is a kensai with these proficeienses:
5-katana
1-two weapon style
In my sword slot, I have the Celestial Fury (awesome weapon!), but I dont know which katana I shall have in my shield slot!
Any suggestions?

-----------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-25-2001, 11:44 AM   #2
Kaleban
Manshoon

Pretty restricted in your weapon choice (good image though). Any one of the magical +1 or +2 katanas you can occasionally find until you can get the Malakar for the AC bonus, and if you have ToB, Hindo's Doom.

That's pretty much it. I hate to say it, but Katanas are VERY rare, you're better off getting at least one slot in Longsword (or specialize/mastery) to give yourself more options.

When you get right down to the core of this game, its more of a tactical medieval fantasy combat game, than roleplaying. Although the dialogue between characters is a nice touch, its still all in the end about how much firepower you can bear with a specific mix of characters. I think it doesn't make sense to limit the choice of katanas (coolest sword ever!) to only a few useful ones, whereas other swords have massive powers (Carsomyr, Purifier, and weapons like some of the axes and Flail of Ages). It isn't that hard to write up a fake history and make up some stats, so why not more useful katanas?

My advice, download the TeamBG editors, and make your own balanced weaponry.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:48 AM   #3
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

possible item spoilers
>
>
>
Well katana+2 would be a good choice untill you find something better, other then that try malakar+2 or if you have the bonus CD merchant Dak'kon's Zerth Blade. other then that i know of no other good katana's in BG2

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 11:50 AM   #4
Lord Exxon

Well, where can I download TeamBG?

-----------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-25-2001, 01:02 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Exxon:
Well, where can I download TeamBG?

Not sure, they might struggle a lot.
But if you mean the teambg editors, they're temporarily unavailable if I understood it right.

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:18 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

i read somewhere that to download a person would take 10 to power 28 bytes. even with broadband itd take longer than the present age of the universe. plus no PC yet built has the correct peripherals.

the stuffs on www.teambg.net which is ....coming, coming,... 20 secs to download a "page not found"!!??!!. crap. still dead. you can probly get the files from a mirror.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:39 AM   #7
Balladeer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Frankly, with only one slot spent on 2-weapon specialization, I wouldn't be putting anything but a shield in that second hand. I wouldn't even consider weilding a second weapon without having all three slots spent on 2-weapon specialization, even if I were a grand master with the weapon. Just my thought.