Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2001, 03:51 PM   #11
Darlon
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:

This might be an excellent time to ask...where do you get your hnads on "the darkest day"?
Is it in the stores (?) or on the web....please tell me

I got this great add-on on the web. The only problem tho is that it has 266 MB or so, but luckly for em I got ADSL

btw I forgot the name of the web site sorry, I can only pinpoint the location where you "might" get it, Go to this web site, http://www.teambg.net/tdd/ it has 2 web sites for you to d/l "The Darkest Day", my advice; GET IT!!! This add-on has some really nice kits

[This message has been edited by Darlon (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 04:30 PM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

A pally(preferably a cavelier) is a must!
High charisma, rep(so low prices) and a great tank with resistances.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-18-2001, 05:16 PM   #13
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I choose the Swashbuckler.

The kit bonus combined with Use Any Item is reason enough. Theif skills and ToB traps are icing on the cake.

In my current game, I have my swashbuckler, Jaheira, Anomen, Keldorn, Minsc, and Edwin. Going to get rid of Edwin soon though, before the trouble starts. Minsc and my main both have a Thac0 of 1 (both using +3 weapons), and my main has a -7AC.

Since you like melee heavy parties, you should give this kit a try. BG2 has plenty of NPC warrior types to choose from, but it's kinda lacking in the NPC theif department.

The Toe
Old 10-18-2001, 06:37 PM   #14
andrewas
Harper

while i dig out a download manager (266 Mb for TDD and no episodic downloads!) im playing a fighter. just a straight fighter. because i played a straight fighter in BG1. (and thus came in with 19 in STR, CON and DEX ).

im considering a party based on the Lord of the Rings, but there wont be enough magic firepower (plus i can only have 6 of the 9 Walkers) so it'll be tough. i guess frodo was in charge of that little group so i'll have to play a thief then. i'll play them through BG1 + 2, after i get TDD installed.

that'll be after i solo with a monk (high magic res and excellent armour. if only he could remove as well as spot traps).

after the LOR group i'll probly dig out some group from another book, the hobbit maybe, although the drarfs in that were pretty much all fighters, so ill have to vary them a bit out of char. but hey. also theyre are supposed to be 13 in that group. or maybe the silmarillion, although thats broken up to much.

anyway i made a bet to go through both of them with a fighter,mage,thief and a druid, so i'll be playing BG for a while yet.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:24 PM   #15
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Fighter/mage/theif is one that everyone should try once... slow to lvl up but by the time I was hitting ToB I was invincible. Necromancer and Cav. will always be my two faves though. *sigh*
Old 10-20-2001, 05:55 AM   #16
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

usually an elf F/TH. the convenience of having the main character being able to scout, remove traps, and then backstab the toughest enemy is just too nice. then depending on the bad guys he can hack away or settle back with his bow while the tanks move in. add in the fact that there are absolutely crappy thieves in bg and bg2 and it's automatically thief/something. i did try mage/theif but i hate keeping up with all those spells.
Old 10-20-2001, 06:27 AM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I agree - the theives in Bg2 aren't much good at actual thieving stuff. But you can get by with Jan if you have him from the beginning. If you leave it too long all his proficiency points go into remove traps/open locks until they are stupidly high but he still can't hide in shadows. I personally think Necromancers are seriously cool at high levels. Mages can take out whole enemy parties with the right spells.
Old 10-20-2001, 12:49 PM   #18
dizzy42002
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i my self love the paladin sure you have to be lawful good but that just makes it more real. plus you get protection from evil detect evil lay on hands
and the other goodies. you also will get a small selection of priest spells
as you progress through the game.

and not to mention one thing

Casomyr+ 5
need i say more?

joshua paladin.
defender of justice
but kicker of evildoers everywhere

------------------
aww life...
yawn
Old 10-24-2001, 03:24 PM   #19
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Sorry guys gonna have to be a theif every time..........assassins rule
the poison at a high level is immense and combined with a fighter..isnt invincible but much more fun to play Madman
Old 10-24-2001, 03:25 PM   #20
Sorcerer Alex

Assassin/mage level 13/14, absolutely brilliant!

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB