Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
Psyborg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before I was able to post to this forum I read a post where someone was talking about the strategy of setting a portal at a safe place to camp between fights.
They suggested the main bank vault.

Unfortunately I can't find that post anymore, but I wanted to post my strategy. I use He'Li's first Inn room as my "Base" for a very important reason (at least to me)

There is a treasure chest in the room. I don't know if this is common knowledge, but you can put things IN treasure chests! I found this out months after I started playing, simply because I had never tried before...I think I found out by accident. I like to HOARD items in RPGs, but this simply isn't possible with encumbrance. I do not believe there is a limit to what you can put in treasure chests though. I have many accessories, over 2,000 assorted arrows (the ones rare in shops), lots of potions, rare weapons, and lots of other misc stuff in that chest...it's much better than just letting items lie around and kill my framerate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I know in the inner bank vaults there are chests...but I don't think the main one w/ the teleporter to the city has one.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:46 AM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I dunno why anyone would use any of the vaults to stash stuff, when the vendors' chests are so much handier. I use Antone's, mostly because it's handier to the street.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:37 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I used that room as my base in my first game, because of the chest and because I had more than one portal to toss about. LOL actually I took to putting certain items in that chest and other items in the chest in the next room (is that right? Or am I thinking of another game lol? [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img] ) Unfortunately in my current game I have only one portal so I've had to put it in a more accessible location - but importantly, you can leave stuff on the floor and it will never disappear or be stolen, so while chests look a lot tidier, they're not really necessary for storing excess stuff, which you will have a LOT of. The only thing is you can't put 'crucial' items down (the ones that say 'let's hold on to it, it may be useful later'), but there aren't too many of those.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
Wombstar
Dungeon Master

i've not used any...
i sleep/camp where ever i need (as little as possible) and i've only been attacked sleeping once. Also you can just leave items around and they don't dissaper. I've havn't t sold anythng..and at the moment im at max with everything i can carry. (i make room with items i want to keep)

Sleeping and storeing items is overrated.. it's not really needed. and i've found very little use for magic potions/scrolls/rings the onlys ones worth useing are the Heal,restore magic and stamina. Of course it depends on your team.
Wombstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I like to go to the Peak with only one of the Temple items at a time, so i can avoid the "army". So i have to put them in a chest to get rid of the excess i collect in order to do the Alliance, if i do it. Even if i have but one portal, i still use Antone's, because i can get to it easily enough from the T'rangaporter, where my portal is until it's in the Peak. No chests in T'rangland--how odd!
As far as camping goes, the only reason i camp after my first few levels is to get inventory at merchants. Or to get my Mook back, if i have one.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I never stored something. The things, that are needed in the game aren't that heavy so I always carry them around.
One exception is the silver nugget. I store it beside the T'rang teleporter in Lower Marten's Bluff until I enter the Rapax Rift from there.

BTW, my party is usually a strong one so they can carry a lot.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Instead of setting a portal at a save place to camp, you can set it at the mana fountain in trynton. No need to camp anymore.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Is that the fountain which has a negative effect on one of your chars too?

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #9
petertmorgan
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
Is that the fountain which has a negative effect on one of your chars too?
Yeah, I know a lot of people like to portal there for mana recharge, but I find that much of the time I end up with one or two characters hexed or something before I get the mana recharge. For me that's a little irritating
petertmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #10
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HI,

I am not sure I understand what you are all saying. I camp to regain my magic and maybe restore some hit points. How do you not camp through the whole game?

Is there another way of restoring mana without rest? I usually rest until mana is full then wake all up.

Sometimes I rest for a complete 8 hours, but that is just to see what new critters have wandered near me.

Let me know if there is a way to do this and I will try it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all, and have fun

Pystal