Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-12-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi,

after I paused the game a few days I started a new party last weekend. As the last ( that made it ot the Circle ), I decided to create a party without magic-users. I have no NPC's ( I only hire them to get their stuff ).They reached Marten's Bluff and are Lvl 11 now.

I started with :
Chaotic Male Felpurr Rogue ( Diamond Epee , Stiletto , Demonsting )
Agressive Female Mook Bard ( Mercurio's Blade , Thieves Buckler , Longbow )
Cunning Female Dracon Fighter ( Stun Rod , 3X-Crossbow )
Burly Female Lizardman Fighter ( Spiked Spear , Blunderbuss)
Eccentric Female Fairie Bard ( Quarterstaff , Wristrocket )
Intelligent Male Human Gadgeteer ( Omnigun Mk6 , 2nd should be Rocket Launcher )

Have a front of 4 ( Rogue and Bard in the middle, the fighters on both sides because of the polearms ), in the back only the quick fairie bard and the gadgeteer.

Rogue:I maxed out DEX and SPE first ( he has now reflextion and snakespeed) now I'm training VIT and STR. He already got some instant kill from his stiletto.
Bard1: I'm planning to switch her to fighter a Lvl 20 ( with the Giantsword )
She had used the Piercing Pipes up to now mostly to pump up the music skill.

Fighters: I wanted to have two extended weapons on both sides. IMO it was a good idea, because both can strike enemies where I usually have to wait for their next turn and they can help the whole party if I get accidently surrounded by enemies ( the range of polearms really saved me in the swamp ).

Bard2: currently only for Haste and Bless later for the quick Heal All.

Gadgeteer: Ranged Weapons only

I stole the Sax ( not my style but I need it ) and were very lucky up to now ( have 2 rings of breezes and found 2 canned elementals ). Have two sane mind rings too but unfortunatly no one can use them . I hope that Fuzzfas Fizzer really work on insanity ( if not I have no cure for it )

I had no probblems with the bad guys with one exception : When I entered the non-magic area (7 bough) in Trynton I was attacked by 6 Leaf Sprites and 4 Widowmaker Spiders. The sprites were no problem ( without magic abilities they are weak ) but the Spiders nearly destroyed me . The first immidiatly spins ensnaring web paralyzing five. I tried to run away but in the second turn ( before I could run ) it killed my unaffected gadgeteer with two bites. I was very lucky that one of my fighter removes the web early so I could run away in the third turn ( with four dead characters ) I ran into a house and they did not follow me. After I resurrected the four I went out and killed them with the help of 4 Trynnie Spearmen.

Now I am on my way to kill Raven Rapax.

One question is left : I know, If I kill him myself the Rapax Templar become hostile ( don't want to use the trap ). If they are hostile, what happens with Al-Sedexus if I meet her ? I think there is no need to be a Templar because I want to play the alliance and I have to kill them all later . I also know there are many enemies in the Rapax Castle then. Has anyone played the game that way ?

Greetings

P.S. I currently found out that this is my largest post since I joined Ironworks .

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:34 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

AL Sedexus won't be hostile to you if you kill tmplars. I know this because I went to the Upper Rapax castle first, killed a lot of templar rapax, and then went and became a templar myself.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Killing Raven has no effect on the Templars at all. They will be neutral as usual when you enter the castle, unless you have somehow done something else to really annoy them (and I can't think what that would be offhand). So go ahead and squish him

Nightowl2

P.S. I tried a similar no-mage party but gave up on it eventually because I couldn't teleport except from the T'Rang place. Too much walking around!
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #4
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks for the answers.

Nightowl2 :
Strange. I remember in one of the first games I played, that (after I killed Raven myself) a message appeared in the journal : Rapax Templar Hostile .After I killed him with the trap the message reads : Rapax Templar Neutral.
Of course that means nothing to me this time, because I don't want to become a Templar ( we'll see how many EXP I'll get in the castle ).

Greetings

Old 01-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Interesting. Did you kill Raven yourself before or after getting the quest from Z'Ant? There is never a problem with the Templars if you do the squish routine.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah, if you kill him by combat, your faction rating is affected.
He can't tell it's you if you use the machine.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:27 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nightowl2:

IIRC I killed him after Z'Ant gave me the quest. Didn't knew how the trap works at the beginning. I restarted the game later so I couldn't find out what "Rapax Templar Hostile" means. Later I always used the trap to "squeeze" him. I think with hostile templars you'll be imidiatly attacked at the Rapax Away Camp and there are lots of combats in the castle.

My party reached Lvl 17 in the meantime , I have two of the artifacts and I thought to free Rodan and Drazic before visiting the Rapax Castle . Haven't gone this way up to now. I think I can't become a Templar after that any longer.

Greetings.