Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 01:49 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

No offense but everything i read on NeverwinterNight said the game was going to be Windows/Linux/Mac OS X in one disk, now would someone mind explainng to me why im now seeing this on amazon.com?

Platform: Windows 98/ NT/ 200/ Me/ XP

AND THAT IS ALL IT SAYS! no Mac Version, no Linux version. WTF, back when you could pre-order it, it said something totally differint, what is this? Some ploy by Microsoft all of a sudden to FORCE gamers to use windows to play their game? I'm sorry but whoever pulled off this one needs to DIE a most painfull death!

Im a Mac OS X user and I was looking forward to this, ALOT, and now you're telling me that my dreams have been shot out of the sky? Im sorry but Bioware had better not have actually made this decision, i hope its a screwup on Amazon's part, because if it isn't im going to have to get a petition started and a formal group complaint filed
Old 06-19-2002, 02:07 AM   #2
uss
20th Level Warrior

sorry to dissapoint you but the Mac version comes 2 months later, as much as i heard from the forums..
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 03:20 AM   #3
Disciple
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And I believe the Linux version is for servers.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 04:03 AM   #4
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have heard the same things as USS and Disciple. Sorry Earth I think you are stuck untill August.

However Cuba is not to far from me. Only a few hundred miles. So you can always come over here to play [img]smile.gif[/img] Can you swim real well?

[ 06-19-2002, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-19-2002, 10:07 AM   #5
Madriver
Manshoon

I think they originally planned to have a simultaneous release of the player client for all OS's, but when they finished the PC version the publishers muscled them to release it.

They were also originally not going to have the toolset on the MAC version, but with the new plans MacSoft is going to port over everything, which is good news for Mac users.

So, as it stands right now, the full Mac version will hit the stores in an estimated 2 months (if I used the MAC I would be unhappy as well), and the linux .exe will be available for download in an estimated 2 weeks (but you still need to buy the PC game).
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote