Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2002, 11:23 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

S'okay...So I get to the final dude, talk to him about raising one of my party members, then he attacks me...I kill him, then I end up in this big old battle? What about the gold sphere thingy I've been carrying around the whole time? And the little toy that I had made to kill myself with? grrr...did I do something wrong, or is that the way it's suppose to end...

Thanks for your insight..

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 11:31 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well that is the end.. in the cinematics if that is what you're talking about... (this should be in the Miscellaneous CRPGs too) [img]smile.gif[/img]

It is either you don't have enough INT or WISDOM to absorb or turn the Transcendent One... the Bronze Sphere's power will be known one you face the incarnations... the Good Incarnation knows how to use it, and once you know how to use it you will lots of stuff... including your name and this name alone will be enough to defeat the Transcendent One
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 12:47 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

There are at least 4 endings I can think of BK - not on my own computer at the moment, otherwise I would email you my fact finding file. Sorry the memory is a bit hazy because it has been a long time since I played it.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, basically the end-sequence battle scene demonstrates that the Nameless One has at last died and is ready to start working off his time in the Lower Planes (or kick some ass in the lower planes, depending on whether you are good or evil) by fighting in the Blood War. The cinematic is common no matter what alignment you played, yet the background music differs depending on whether you are good, evil or neutral [img]smile.gif[/img]

As Bahamut said, the golden orb is the Nameless One's sensory-stone, containing the memories of his first incarnation (the one that was mortal and chose to sever his immortality). It allows you to find out what your name was/is and fills you in on some interesting pieces of your history. In terms of how it affects actual gameplay it gives you a SHITLOAD of XP, enough to gain several levels. I think it gives you roughly 6 million XP or something (can't quite remember).

As for the suicide-machine you made, that's a mystery to me. I never came across that. How did you get it?

And depending on your wisdom, charisma and intelligence you can either
A) fight the transcendant on your own
B)Trick him into leaving long enough to resurrect all of your companions and fight him as a team.
C)Convince him to merge with you and destroy himself (Needs VERY high Wisdom, around the 25 mark).
Old 05-13-2002, 04:58 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The thing to kill yourself with, which you got from the Iron Golem in the Siegetower, can be used anywhere in the Fortress of Regrets and will trigger an alternate ending sequence where TNO is reunited with Deionarra.

In order to trigger the Sphere you have to say the right things to your Good incarnation.

The Hierophant also missed ending D) where you manage to ressurrect ONE partymember to fight with you(Two if you choose Morte [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

I never noticed that the ending music was different... Possibly because I was always Neutral Good when I reached the ending I could never force myself to be Evil to Morte and the other partymembers.... Silly me, eh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:38 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Personally I like the threatening to will oneself to death. You get alot of oppurtunities depending mostly on your style of play. If you are very inteligent, you can talk him into merge with you, have a high wis, will yourself to death, a big strong dumb guy can kill it and so on.

I saved my last save and tried the different endings, I think there are about four different, there is also a cheat yo can type in to see the different ending movies as well..

The main outcome is mostly off to the bloodwar, but what happens with your allies is the main different thing in the end..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 09:59 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

The blade of the immortal allows you to threaten to kill youself when the Trancendent One threatens to take your memories again. I suspect its the same ending as if you just kill yourself with it.

BTW - who thinks we need a sequel?
Old 05-13-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

BTW - who thinks we need a sequel?
I bloody damn well think that we need a sequel [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think that TNO's partymembers going off to search for him throughout the planes would make a good sequel, first searching for him in the Abyss and Baator and such, but not finding him there and then running off through the others to search for him. The PC could be a mercenary hired by the partymembers to help them.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:50 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

About PST 2..
Needs a new story IMHO, TNO is in the blood wars to try and sort it out hehe, might take awhile!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:56 AM   #10
Neb

I don't WANT a new story. I want Morte, Annah, Dak'kon, FFG and Nordom back.... Of course if they can still manage to give me those partymembers then I'd happily accept a new story.... The partymembers made the game in my opinion more than the unique storyline. No other RPG has ever had such deep partymembers. Nor such original ones, in what other RPG have we been accompanied by a floating skull, a half-demon thief, a philosopher/ninja/mage, a friendly and insightful devil, a constantly burning mage, an insane robot and an undead warrior who doesn't realize that he's dead?